24 replies to this topic

#1 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,799 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:09 PM

During a recent live webinar I talked about wanting to revisit 20 years of layouts and make several new and quite differently focused albums/collections.

There are many people in my albums who have never seen scrapbook pages featuring them --- focused albums give me a way to give all those pages new life and a new and appreciative audience (i saw it in action recently when a couple of different people saw pages I made that featured them and loved the perspective of the pages + all the details I included in journaling that all of us would have forgotten otherwise).

when I talked about my desire to use years of past pages to make these focused albums, Katie Scott typed: curated albums.

and I thought: yes. perfect titile. I checked with her for permission to use that title and got the go-ahead

I've spent the last two days recording videos and working through my old albums.

i'll present 5 "curated albums", lots of theme ideas, 4 approaches to album building, layout selection, story arcs and design approaches, step-by-steps for getting all those old layouts digitized (in multiple ways), and digi helpers for making the albums.

keep an eye on your in-box for the early-bird pricing on CURATED ALBUMS. (not on the mailing list? sign up here: http://eepurl.com/efEX

#2 Kristy T

Kristy T

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 786 posts
  • Interests:Photography, scrapbooking, making cards, baking yummy things to eat (not so much cooking dinner)

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:22 PM

Sounds great Debbie.

Blogging at - http://kristytdesigns.com

#3 Ronnietexas

Ronnietexas

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 1,263 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Reading and a little more Scrapbooking.

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:22 PM

Sounds interesting - can you link us up to when you discussed this?

tn_gallery_225_466_179693.jpg

#4 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:29 PM

Oh this is so cool! I've got so many unprinted layouts... I need some structure to work out what goes where if I'm gonna print photo books. After filling 5 albums already this year, I'm not sure single prints will work for me

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#5 hawsumb

hawsumb

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 668 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:50 AM

What a great idea, can't wait to learn the details!

---
~ Heather

Find me at:
heatherawsumb.com or
scrappingtwobytwo.squarespace.com

Scrapbook Style Quiz: Playful Story Builder

#6 Stefanie

Stefanie

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Besides scrapbooking? Photography, reading, cooking and knitting.

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

Wow, this sounds awesome!

Untitled-1_zpsgfd6yp5n.jpg

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

Facebook

Blog

Pinterest

#7 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,799 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:13 PM

Ronnie, I think it was during the last webinar with Carrie.

I am SOOOOO excited about this. Going through 20 years worth of albums, I see that there are pages that SHINE, that tell so much. And then there are many more pages that just show photos not always with journalign or context. Everything has its role, but I'm loving picking out the very best and constructing new "curated albums"  --- it's different from Library of Memories. It's different than a theme ablum. It's taking primarily complete pages and putting them into interesting contexts.

But . . . it's a ton of work. I'm merging paper and digi pages. doing lots of scanning. and working on different approaches for the construction of each album.

Will keep you posted. have been making in order to figure out what the class structure will be.

#8 carriea

carriea

crazy cat lady

• REGISTERED
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Currently: trying to find balance while keeping up with my to do list

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:24 PM

I really like this idea and yes, it was a topic brought up in the webinar with me. :) I also love the idea of merging digi and paper pages. I think that is really going to give everyone a fresh look at two different mediums of scrapbooking. I can't wait to see how it turns out! 

Posted ImagePosted Image
  Posted Image

#9 winjes

winjes

doesn't bother to knock

• REGISTERED
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, photography (need to learn to use manual settings on my camera), cooking, and just about anything crafty!

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:13 PM

What a great idea!  

Jett

#10 sal4gal

sal4gal

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:Grandkids, Digi Scrappping, Camping, Books on tape (Audible), Amateur Star and Solar Astronomy with hubby.

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:26 PM

Sounds wonderful! I have sooo many albums that are pre-digi days. This sounds like a great idea to rediscover them, scan, and reorganize into Persnickety or Shutterfly, etc. (the coupon wars.)

Sallie

#11 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:41 AM

:) I am excited!! Yes it's a lot of work. I recently moved all our albums into chronological order as we were having trouble finding pages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#12 jen4700

jen4700

Class Clown

• REGISTERED
  • 2,889 posts
  • Interests:Scrapping, photography, reading, computers, sci-fi.

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:01 AM

@Debbie - what are you scanning? Your paper layouts?

Jennifer Kellogg  facebook | pinterest
- Digi scrapping since 2014. Scrapping since 2000. Lifelong memory keeper.
- Single mom of two great kids. Business owner Kellogg Agency.
Scrapbook Style Quiz = Classic Storyteller
- Cameras: Canon T3i (EF-S 18-55 mm IS), iPhone 5s

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,799 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:47 AM

i'm scanning my paper pages --- and even my old CM albums where I put the photos onto the actual album page with no carstock --- but I trimmed them into shapes (!!!) and wrote onto the page. The thing about those is the photos are great quality. Working on the class announcement now.

#14 sal4gal

sal4gal

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:Grandkids, Digi Scrappping, Camping, Books on tape (Audible), Amateur Star and Solar Astronomy with hubby.

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

When my son got married 3 years ago, both bride and groom wanted their scrapbooks at the reception. Oh my goodness, soooooo funny! They were both the same with the photos cut into shapes, floating stickers, etc. They look so awful/comical to me but both kids love their scrapbooks.

At least they have those books that they love and the memories associated with them. I still am trying to get past the point of embarrassment when looking at those first scrapbooks that are now over 20 years old.  I know, I know, that scrapping style is part of history and we were doing the best that we knew how. We have come a long way since the beginning of the Creating Keepsakes and Memory Makers magazine era.

Sallie

#15 askings

askings

GIS Teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 3,038 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Home Decorating, Music, Anything Outdoors

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

this sounds really interesting and like a great way to start applying my more recent love of storytelling to all of the pages I made when I saw journaling as a burden. I also have pages with photos cut into shapes that might be nice to revisit ;)

Amy Kingsford
My Letter-Sized Life

calvinball2.gif

#16 Judean

Judean

telling stories

• REGISTERED
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:55 AM

I'm signed up, and it's perfect timing, as I was just looking at the dozen or so albums I have and thinking that no one ever really looks at them, aside from me and the kids...and mulling about S.J.'s library of memories and debating whether I wanted to sort them differently, and then getting so overwhelmed at the thought I pushed it out of my mind!

So, I'm ready for Nov 4th!

Judean
sukeydookiedoo.blogspot.com

#17 BeachGal

BeachGal

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 692 posts
  • Interests:reading and baseball

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:10 PM

boy, you work fast! I miss a few days here and BAM! New class is ready to go!

:-Devra

MyCreativeView
Facebook
Pinterest
Instagram @thebeachygal

Posted Image

#18 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,799 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:02 AM

oh, yeah! I am so excited about this class. just posted a video on youtube of working with an older paper page that was scanned in two pieces. 

#19 jen4700

jen4700

Class Clown

• REGISTERED
  • 2,889 posts
  • Interests:Scrapping, photography, reading, computers, sci-fi.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

Judean - I'll help!!  Even if I just sit and watch!  LOL!!

Jennifer Kellogg  facebook | pinterest
- Digi scrapping since 2014. Scrapping since 2000. Lifelong memory keeper.
- Single mom of two great kids. Business owner Kellogg Agency.
Scrapbook Style Quiz = Classic Storyteller
- Cameras: Canon T3i (EF-S 18-55 mm IS), iPhone 5s

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 beccaf1970

beccaf1970

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

Fabulous video, Debbie! I attempted stitching together scanned layouts years ago, but I think it may have been before I had PSE, and was just using the scanner software. The quality was never very good, so I stopped trying! I have lots of unscanned/unphotographed layouts that I should digitize...looking forward to the class!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users