• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 doris sander

doris sander

repeating stories

• Teachers
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

Sorry to be late! I normally blog in the evening . . . oops! I'll try to remember to post the night before next week!

You can read my blog post here: Meanderings

Here's the text if you want to post your response here instead of on a blog (photo that goes with text can be seen on my blog link above):

thought provoking thursdays . . .
so i mentioned yesterday that i was participating in the free blog challenge series over at get it scrapped! every thursday this month i'll be here with a post to get you thinking. today's post is about coming up with journaling to go with your photos. there are just so many approaches you can take to come up with journaling. photos are my primary source of inspiration! take this photo for example . . .

event focused: i could easily journal about how my dad made the boys hooks our of straight pins so they could fish for rain minnows in my brother's pond. and how we had to scavenge for the ones from china out of my sister's sewing box which once belonged to my grandmother. the pins had to be from china because those are made from a bendable steel and the ones made in the u.s. are not. they just break when you try to bend them. and of course he made the fishing hooks from pins because real hooks have barbs which are a bit more dangerous for little boys. you follow?

relationship focused: i could also journal about the relationship these three boys have. even though we only get to visit three times a year they are fast friends. having boy cousins is something special.

your own perspective: if i were to write the journaling from my own current point of view it would be to wish that we were close enough to just go visit on the weekends so my dad and brothers and nephews could feed g's fishing obsession and i wouldn't have to be bothered with it. gah.

historical perspective: this photo would go so well with one of my dad's memories that i want to record. he grew up during the depression and he actually fished for minnows in much the same way. only he would fish for them in order to sell them for a few cents as bait fish. he said every little bit helped back then.

my challenge to you is to flip through some of your own recent photos. find one that speaks to you and try to think of more than one angle you could use with your journaling. if you play along, please leave me a link here! i'd love to read your thoughts too!

calvinball2.gif

#2 scrapweaver

scrapweaver

Get It Scrapped! Teacher

• Teachers
  • 3,937 posts
  • Interests:Scrapping, photography, dance, exercise, outdoors

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:14 PM

Thanks Doris this looks great!
Michelle
My Blog

#3 askings

askings

GIS Teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 3,038 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Home Decorating, Music, Anything Outdoors

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:48 PM

Thanks Doris...I had so much fun with this idea...look and see

Amy Kingsford
My Letter-Sized Life

calvinball2.gif

#4 Guest_justjane_*

Guest_justjane_*
  • GUESTS

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:31 PM

Wonderful Doris. I've just done mine (see Blog link below).

#5 Sherelm

Sherelm

SharonKnopic

• REGISTERED
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:28 PM

Doris, I've posted the photo and my four journalings.

Better late than never, right???? :redface:
Sharon aka Sherelm

http://sherelm.blogspot.com

#6 TamiTaylor

TamiTaylor

Get It Scrapped! Teacher

• Teachers
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:49 PM

ok I'm feeling good about catching up!
http://michigirl74.b...r-thoughts.html

I still have to catch up on reading but loving getting this stuff posted!

#7 TonjaTrump

TonjaTrump

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:32 AM

I'll be catching up today as well. I don't know how I got so behind! I've posted this challenge today though! :cheerleader: Way to go ladies on keeping up with it all!!!
Tonja Marlar Trump
Life is too short not to scrap!

It's All About The M's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users