Challenge #16: Using brushes
Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:52 AM
Here's my layout:
and here's a another one.
There are many different kinds and styles of brushes out there and many are free! Brushes have the extension .abr and need to be loaded into Photoshop/PSE.
Loading your brushes:
1. Open Photoshop/PhotoShop Elements and create a new layout.
2. Select the brush tool ( and press the down arrow in the drop-down list to show selected brush presets.
3. Click on the arrow on the top right hand side to view the menu and then select Load Brushes. Locate the brush file and hit load – brush files have the extension .abr.
4. Create a new layer
5. Select your brush
6. Select your foreground color
7. Stamp the brush onto your layout making sure that you are stamping on the layer you just created. You can move or adjust the size of your stamped image by clicking on the move tool (V). If you stamp each image onto its own layer you can then move or resize them individually.
The brushes I used here were by Anna Aspens: Abstract Token Days BrushSet
I'm also a big fan of Katie Pertiet's digital brushes. Check the Designer Digital freebie gallery for free brushes. A google search for "free photoshop brushes" should give you plenty of stuff to play with!
In my bag: Canon Digital Rebel T1i, plus 50 mm 1.8
Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:19 AM
Scrap your Events, Everyday Life, Travel, Yourself, Page Parts Challenge, Back to Class, Digital Templates, Art Journaling 101, Souvenirs of the Season, Sense and Sensibility, Embellishments Beautifully Handmade, Product Pizzazz 101 and 102, Art Journaling 102, Scraproom with a View, Beginner and Intermediate Photo Editing, Your Life through the lens, Oodles of Doodles Alumni
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users