Photo

It's Friday--what's your Calvinball plan for the weekend

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:03 PM

Me--I'm not focusing on Calvinball this weekend. We are getting ready to leave next week for a 6 week long trip. Have lots to do in the next few days--like pack!!

Also, have to meet with the contractor that is going to work on the house we own that my son lives in. He's going to do a bunch of work while we are gone. In the meantime, the kid and his dog will be staying at my house. Hope the place survives!!

I do hope to get a few layouts finished this weekend. 

Hope most of you are going to get a lot of scrapping time in!

• kscraps1, LisaDV, jumpgate and 2 others like this

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#2 carolynhasacat

carolynhasacat

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:24 PM

I have a busy week coming up starting tomorrow so I'm unlikely to do much scrapping before the GIS crop, which I hope to attend at least part of next weekend.

Have fun on your trip Terry! Sounds like lots of opportunities to make memories to scrap!

• kscraps1, LisaDV and mawscrap8 like this

calvinball.gif

#3 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

• REGISTERED
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Pages & cards & canvas & journaling & planning

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

Whoa -- I just entered my week's total after not tallying all week.  I will NEVER do that again!  I did have a concussion from my fall on Monday so for several days I couldn't use any screens (but I did use paper, glue and scissors!) so I had lots of pages to load when I got rid of the awful headaches Thursday. 

This weekend?  Our grandson has up to 5 games in a basketball tournament Saturday and Sunday and his little sister has two soccer matches.  And we're taking his big sister for a hair appointment.  So I think we can get to one of the soccer matches and maybe 3 of the basketball games and still find time to eat and drive all over the state of Georgia.  So no scrapping tomorrow anyway.  I have 3 LO "designed" in my head and pics scanned and sitting in my folder waiting to be printed after I buy whatever color of ink is out, and I really hope to get them done Sunday.

This week I tried something different: I punched feathers, arrows, banners, hearts and stars out of cork, glitter, metal, etc. and gathered all known clocks (wood, metal, hand-drawn), pineapples, etc. etc. -- those "points grabbers" and put them on my main table.  It seemed like a good idea at the time and I did get a lot of points but OH WHAT A MESS!!  I discovered that with a million little "buckets" I'm not so good at putting things back in place after a layout is done.  And my spreadsheet got really unwieldy so I think I'll just use one column to capture the points for all LO that I'm scoring at the time, make a note of where I stopped and try it that way for  next week.  

I'm LOVING all this crafty fun but it seems a little like work sometimes.  Especially if you have a concussion and a twisted ankle.  Klutz!

• kscraps1 and LisaDV like this

Kathy McElfresh

#4 CABoyle

CABoyle

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:00 AM

This weekend I think I will order new pictures because I'm not inspired to scrap the ones I have.  There are layouts in the gallery that I want to scraplift, but I need to get the right pictures first.

I hope you have a fantastic trip!

• okmama, kscraps1 and LisaDV like this

#5 LisaDV

LisaDV

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:24 AM

Yesterday I worked on getting some comments in the gallery. I'm still way behind. And started a  traditional layout.

Today, I made a double page digi spread before running quickly to the more local store for a few items. Between meal prep and walking (started back with my diet and exericise yesterday after 2 months off due to bad knee (s)), I hope to finish off my digital pages for the last section of vacation 2016 and then finish off that traditional spread.

Tomorrow, DH leaves for a work trip (he'll be back Tuesday night), so I plan on leftovers for me and the kids on Sunday so I can crank out some layouts. As it will be slow through next week. 

Terry, have a fun trip!  

Mawscraps8, the idea of punching out the items in various materials is terrific. I have some little drawers that hold things by type and took out the arrows, stars, clothespins, feathers, some other wood veneers, etc. and put them on my desk for easy access. But I'm going to punch or die cut some stuff too now. 

• okmama, kscraps1 and mawscrap8 like this

calvinball.gif

#6 gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Memory Keeper.Reader of Books.Homemaker.Zentangle Artist.Amateur Photographer.Follower of Christ.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

I am scrapping some this weekend. I'm hosting three scrap sessions and scrapping Disney layouts, so I'm guaranteed to get at least 3 layouts done. In between, I hope to get some more scrapping done, too!

• kscraps1, LisaDV, mawscrap8 and 1 other like this

Cheryl Ashcraft

Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#7 MelPea

MelPea

• REGISTERED
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

I didn't get to do a lot last week.  My kids were home due to snow 5 times from Friday the 10th through Friday the 17th.   Between them & the relentless snow, I didn't get to scrap as much as I would have liked to.  So this weekend---and the week, I hope to find more scrappy time.   :)  In particular I have some LOs that I started in the 1st week of Calvinball that then sat ignored last week.  So I hope to get back to those.  :)

• kscraps1, LisaDV and mawscrap8 like this

calvinball.gif

#8 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

• REGISTERED
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

Not a lot this weekend.  Dinner theatre last night.  Funeral today.  Overnight guests until sometime Sunday.

Hoping to get some scrapping done Monday and Tuesday.

Looking at the Leaderboard.  I was happy with my point total.  Never thought I--or anyone--could get above 600 points, yet there is more than one scrapper with over 1000 points.  And now I think, "What if I..."

• okmama, kscraps1, LisaDV and 1 other like this

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346bilde_1.jpeg

#9 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:48 AM

I'm scrapping up a storm! 13 memorabilia pages so far!!

• kscraps1, LisaDV and JustJac like this

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#10 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:29 AM

I didn't get to do a lot last week.  My kids were home due to snow 5 times from Friday the 10th through Friday the 17th.   Between them & the relentless snow, I didn't get to scrap as much as I would have liked to.  So this weekend---and the week, I hope to find more scrappy time.   :)  In particular I have some LOs that I started in the 1st week of Calvinball that then sat ignored last week.  So I hope to get back to those.  :)

Snow!! Oh my---we have air conditioning on now.

• kscraps1, LisaDV, MelPea and 1 other like this

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#11 JustJac

JustJac

• REGISTERED
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:44 AM

I made a couple of pages yesterday and I'm hoping to do two or three today. My goal was 31 pages for March and I'm pretty much on track.
  • okmama and kscraps1 like this

calvinball.gif

#12 budletsmom

budletsmom

• REGISTERED
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

Well I was hoping to do two layouts and I finished one. Still that is good for me.
  • kscraps1 and CABoyle like this

calvinball.gif

#13 Skippydoo

Skippydoo

• REGISTERED
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Disney Parks, Sci Fi, scrapbooking, art journaling, travelers notebooks,

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

I was out of town Friday and Saturday, but I got some scrapping done Sunday.  2 layouts.  I don't think I'm going to make my goal for total layouts. Maybe next weekend during the crop.

• kscraps1 likes this

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#14 Maribeth

Maribeth

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Photography, RV-Camping.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:38 AM

I got a ton of pages done this weekend, will be photographing and posting in Gallery tonight and tomorrow night, then back to scrapping on Wednesday night.  Hubby will be out of town from WED-SUNDAY so I should be able to get tons more done.

• kscraps1 and mawscrap8 like this

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

#15 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

• REGISTERED
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:51 AM

Started a bunch of pages yesterday, and managed to get them finished, photographed and posted today.  Will be away from home from Wednesday to Monday, so not expecting to finish much more this week.

• kscraps1 likes this

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346bilde_1.jpeg

#16 kscraps1

kscraps1

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

I can't believe the weekend is already over! I only got a couple of pages done--not nearly as many as I would have liked. My daughter and I rode in a horse show yesterday so that took up a good deal of my time. At least I have lots of pictures from the show to scrap!

• okmama and CABoyle like this

Kelly S

#17 MelPea

MelPea

• REGISTERED
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

Snow!! Oh my---we have air conditioning on now.

Oh, yes.  Snow, snow, and more snow!   About 28-32 inches of it in our general region.   :)    

Unfortunately the kids have been swamped with homework as teacher scurry to make up for lost time, so while I did finish 1 previously started LO and start & finish 2 more, those same two 2 page LOs I started in week one are still sitting on my desk patiently waiting for their journaling.  :)   I have one more week left so I better get to them soon.   :)

calvinball.gif

#18 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

• REGISTERED
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Pages & cards & canvas & journaling & planning

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

This weekend we'll shuttle kids to games both days but not so many as last weekend.  When I did my Calvinball page I made a list of rules I hadn't done yet so I consider that my "to do" list for the week and I'm hoping to get started tomorrow.  I need to pull from the stack of items I already needed to do and then use a sketch on one, use a holiday item on another, etc....  This past week I didn't do as many as I had last week because of running to doctors to see if the fall I took last week had caused a brain bleed (CT scan came back normal -- I think they did find a brain there but at the moment it wasn't bleeding).  BUT I got some really high-points layouts because of the punching and die-cutting and drawing and printing and fussy-cutting elements like stars and clocks and pineapples and banners and hearts....

Everyone have fun this weekend, snow or no.  It'll be warm here in Georgia but maybe rainy on Sunday.  Now I have to go download and print pics from my son and granddaughter at the Daddy-Daughter dance tonight.  She looked SO adorable when they left!

• CABoyle likes this

Kathy McElfresh

#19 Katiecb

Katiecb

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:07 AM

Friday, my daughter's AHG troop had a family badge night; several activity stations aimed towards earning a badge for the girls, with interactive activities and games that everybody could do (the theme was fire safety.) I have pictures! No pages. 

Saturday, my youngest son's Cub Scout pack had their Blue and Gold banquet. He received all his belt loops and has been promoted from Wolf Cub to Bear Cub! I have pictures! No pages. 

Sunday, my oldest son's winter drumline/percussion band had a competition. I seem to be part of the prop crew. I have pictures! No pages. 

The times I was home and not getting ready to go somewhere, I was working on the laundry, but this is going to be one of those weeks where I will have a week and a half's worth to do next weekend (I can do our laundry in a day, but I have to be home the whole day and not doing anything else. I only need half a day in the summertime, but all those sweats and hoodies and jeans and fuzzy pajamas make so many extra loads!) However, next Friday and Saturday will be Robotics competitions Friday and Saturday (they only compete two times and I missed the first one) and Sunday will be the percussion state competition.

It's all over April 2. Spring break starts on Monday and I will have a chance to get caught up on everything I fell behind in during the last three months of robotics sessions and drumline competitions and then we're back to "normal" schedules, without the extra weeknight robotics and weekend band sessions. (My husband coaches the robotics team, so when that season peaks, I'm left running the kids to their other activities. No complaints, because they are making me proud, but no time for scrapbooking either, which I *am* complaining about. LOL)

(Any chance Calvinball can be extended an extra week? I think I could spare an entire vacation day just to get something to show! ;) )

~ Katie ~

SmileTag_200.jpg   calvinball.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users