CalvinBall 2017 Goals

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 Kelly Prang

Kelly Prang

doesn't bother to knock

• REGISTERED
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:scrapping, photography, reading, decorating, diy-ing, watching my kids' activities

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:46 PM

my goal- at least one page/day so 31 pages at LEAST.  We'll see how much beyond that!

• kscraps1, LisaDV, craftymeggy and 1 other like this

siggy%20august%20small.png

#22 LisaDV

LisaDV

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:15 PM

Considering I have a baby I think will arrive in march (even though she's not due till April) I'm setting a goal of 30 layouts!

Congrats on your baby.
  • craftymeggy likes this

calvinball.gif

#23 mroberts3

mroberts3

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:16 PM

My first year I came in 16th, and last year I made it to 14th! My goal this year is to beat that! Do I have the energy for that? Not sure, but I'll give it a go!

calvinball.gif

#24 okmama

okmama

telling stories

• REGISTERED
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

Considering I have a baby I think will arrive in march (even though she's not due till April) I'm setting a goal of 30 layouts!

Congratulations, Christy!!!

I simply want to get scrapping again, so my main goal is to finish 10 pages. Setting the bar low, hoping to raise it once I get into things. I am starting an All About Me album next month and plan on making pages with my elementary school class photos and memories of each grade. That should give me a simple framework to work within. 

Lydia

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

#25 LisaDV

LisaDV

• REGISTERED
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

My first year I came in 16th, and last year I made it to 14th! My goal this year is to beat that! Do I have the energy for that? Not sure, but I'll give it a go!

You can do it!!

• craftymeggy likes this

calvinball.gif

#26 LisaDV

LisaDV

• REGISTERED
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:47 PM

I simply want to get scrapping again, so my main goal is to finish 10 pages. Setting the bar low, hoping to raise it once I get into things. I am starting an All About Me album next month and plan on making pages with my elementary school class photos and memories of each grade. That should give me a simple framework to work within. 

This is a great project! 

• craftymeggy likes this

calvinball.gif

#27 toribissell

toribissell

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:01 PM

Tori, i am so glad you are going to participate - I was concerned when I didn't see you pop on here.  Yay so glad.  I may have to scraplift some of your YouTube process pages, they are awesome!

Awe... thanks so much!!!!  Thanks so much for watching my channel - you're a sweetie.

• kscraps1, LisaDV and craftymeggy like this

#28 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:48 AM

I'm going to make a bunch of stuff!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • okmama, kscraps1, LisaDV and 2 others like this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#29 LisaDV

LisaDV

• REGISTERED
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

I'm going to make a bunch of stuff!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is MY FAVORITE GOAL Yet!  It really gets to the whole point of CB!

• craftymeggy and carolynhasacat like this

calvinball.gif

#30 craftymeggy

craftymeggy

• REGISTERED
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, reading, sewing, crafting

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:51 AM

I love reading everyones goals for this years Calvinball!! Thanks for sharing them with us! :)
  • LisaDV and Jill momma2ski like this

#31 Linda S

Linda S

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:25 AM

Last year was my first time and I had 54 scrappy points. My goal is to exceed that this year, and of course to get as many bonus points as possible!

Can't wait to get started!
  • kscraps1, LisaDV and Jill momma2ski like this

<p>calvinball.gif     post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#32 Shona.Ferch

Shona.Ferch

• REGISTERED
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:50 PM

Last year was my first year calvinballing.  I had a blast and got a lot done.  Sadly, I didn't do much scrapbooking after that... The past few weeks I've been watching some scrapbook coach classes and organizing my stuff.  I was going to order a bunch of photos, but realized nope, I've got plenty to work with now.  So, my goals this year are to make a serious dent in the unfinished pages/projects/kits, leave myself notes as I go, use new techniques I'm learning and also make some cards for my upcoming craft show in April. 

#33 Jill momma2ski

Jill momma2ski

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Family, friends, paper crafting, reading, & surviving!!

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:43 PM

Hi, Maribeth!! I am going to say that the layouts will count if you made them in March, even if you don't have the photos. Also, You interpretted the rule perfectly. If you already counted the layout for the week and a new rule came out that could apply, it doesn't count. I'm glad you're joining again this year!! I can't believe you got so many done last time!t

that is how i played last year.  I was so bummed that I had made all of my easter cards in the first couple of days of Calvinball and then points were awarded later for making spring/easter cards (mine were already in the mail) - oh man, I could have really racked up the points.... oh well, that's part of the fun & quirkiness of the game. 

• LisaDV likes this

#34 Jill momma2ski

Jill momma2ski

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:55 PM

okay, going to throw it out here... my goal is 30 layouts.  Last year I did 50 plus a bunch of cards & project life pages came in 2nd and had a wonderful time.  This year I have ZERO photos printed and haven't hardly scrapped since last year - - - gotta get it together if I'm going to be productive this year... really hoping the competition bug gets me (that was new for me last year, didn't know I had a competitive bone in my body until I played Calvinball... shocker) I've got hundreds of layouts stuck in my head, I'm really hoping to get them out of there and onto paper!  I am going on a retreat on the 31st so I know things will get crazy trying to prep and pack for that the last couple days of the month but I'm still going for it!!

• kscraps1 likes this

#35 Jill momma2ski

Jill momma2ski

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:59 PM

My goal.... to do better than I did last year, to finish a wedding album I'm making for a friend, and share my layouts (as many as I can) on Youtube

I'm a youtube junkie, what is your channel name?  I would like to watch while I'm playing, if it's public. 

• LisaDV likes this

#36 texasjen

texasjen

• REGISTERED
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:03 PM

My goal is simply to get back into scrapping.  My husband died 6 months ago, and I am just now starting to feel like myself again.  But I haven't done anything with photos since last summer, and I think it would be good to try to get back into it.  

I played last year and had a lot of fun and got a lot done.  Logistically, this year is just going to be a lot harder for me, since I am working and in school, plus single parenting my 7-year-old son.  But I think this will be good for me, even if my participation is somewhat sporadic.  

#37 Jill momma2ski

Jill momma2ski

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:08 PM

My goal is simply to get back into scrapping.  My husband died 6 months ago, and I am just now starting to feel like myself again.  But I haven't done anything with photos since last summer, and I think it would be good to try to get back into it.  

I played last year and had a lot of fun and got a lot done.  Logistically, this year is just going to be a lot harder for me, since I am working and in school, plus single parenting my 7-year-old son.  But I think this will be good for me, even if my participation is somewhat sporadic.  

I am so sorry to read about the passing of your husband, hopefully you will find joy in scrapping again and just maybe we can share a few laughs along the way...

• LisaDV and jumpgate like this

#38 pinkrose

pinkrose

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

First time playing and I haven't scrapped a single layout start to finish in months!  So I'm really hoping this will get my productivity to skyrocket.  

My goal is to complete 10 layouts start to finish.  

I need to get my January and February 2017 12x12  pages (probably around 6-8 layouts) done for our abridged family album and then I'd love to get 2-4 or MORE 12x12 Project Life more detailed stories scrapped and then those and a backlog of already finished layouts from early 2016 sent off to Persnickety Prints.  Then when they arrive, I want to actually get them filed away into page protectors in their respective albums.  

• kscraps1, LisaDV, jumpgate and 2 others like this

#39 Linda_aka_mum

Linda_aka_mum

• REGISTERED
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:07 PM

I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband. Prayers for you and your son

• LisaDV likes this

calvinball2.gif

#40 Linda_aka_mum

Linda_aka_mum

• REGISTERED
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:08 PM

My goal is 50 layouts - we'll see how I do :)

• kscraps1, LisaDV, jumpgate and 2 others like this

calvinball2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users