Anyone Else Feel Completely Unprepared?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 TinaCampbell

TinaCampbell

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Cardmaking, Project Life, Smashbook, Genealogy, Birdwatching, Weekend Getaways

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:01 AM

I've got lots of photos and lots of old counterfeit kits to work through :) That is the most I'm prepared! I have to get printer ink yet but that isn't need at this point. Hoping to continue doing a page a day coming from LOAD. I've got alot of unfinished things around my room that I plan to finish up while I'm tiding up my room in the process :)

• kscraps1 likes this

Tina :) 

Tina's Scrap Corner, my blog

Lasting Memories, design team member

Jo's Scrap Shack, design team member

calvinball.gif

#22 Katiecb

Katiecb

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 131 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:26 PM

Um... March is tomorrow. When did that happen? Anyone else feel completely unprepared????

I don't have photos printed. Don't even have photo paper. Did no prepping. Not even sure if I have adhesive. Yep... this is going to be interesting.

Not prepared. 

I'm a digiscrapper and normally I don't need a lot of up front preparation. However, this year I have a new (now two month old) computer that doesn't have PSE installed on it, the memory card in my camera is maxed out with photos that need to be downloaded and all of my digital kits are still stuck on my old laptop. 

My attainable goal tonight is to get my library book renewed. 

My scrappy goal for the day is to set up a new photo library and download my most recent photos to it so that I have something to get started scrapping with! I don't have much hope for it, since I expect to not get home until after 9:00 pm or so (and I am no night owl), but I want to do something every day this month to get me back into the habit of scrapbooking, so I'm going to try. 

• kscraps1 and mawscrap8 like this

~ Katie ~

SmileTag_200.jpg   calvinball.gif

#23 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Pages & cards & canvas & journaling & planning

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

Speaking of being unprepared....I have done a layout and have tried to upload it but I got a message I've run out of space for uploads.  Which is strangely similar to the message I get when I try to add a profile picture.  I feel very tech un-savvy....Is there a way to change the file size on my uploads?  These aren't high-resolution photos from a scanner -- just pics taken by my iPhone.  

• kscraps1 likes this

Kathy McElfresh

#24 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

• REGISTERED
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Pages & cards & canvas & journaling & planning

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

Woohoo! That was me that said about Calvinball :) Glad to see you here :)

good seeing you too! I sent you a note (I think) asking for some help.. I'm feeling overwhelmed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • kscraps1 likes this

Kathy McElfresh

#25 DawnMcD

DawnMcD

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

I did not prepare anything. I figure I will just go with the flow and see what happens!

• kscraps1 and craftymeggy like this

Dawn 

calvinball.gif

#26 gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind

• REGISTERED
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Memory Keeper.Reader of Books.Homemaker.Zentangle Artist.Amateur Photographer.Follower of Christ.

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:18 PM

I'm not prepared. I'm way behind on uploading and organizing my photos in Lightroom. I have kits that are unzipped but need to be unpacked from subfolders. In short, I don't know what I'm going to scrap . . . I have no plan! I'm rolling with it! LOL

• kscraps1, Kelly Prang and craftymeggy like this

Cheryl Ashcraft

Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#27 okmama

okmama

telling stories

• REGISTERED
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:30 PM

Day one and life is throwing a monkey wrench already! The basement reno that we had planned on doing in May or so, will likely be starting next week. Great in the big picture, but given that my scrap room is right next to the reno site, it might not be great for my scrapping this month. I'll just have to make the best of it. Maybe I could make a crop kit that I could bring upstairs to the kitchen table. That might actually be more efficient. 

Lydia

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

#28 Kelly Prang

Kelly Prang

doesn't bother to knock

• REGISTERED
  • 341 posts
  • Interests:scrapping, photography, reading, decorating, diy-ing, watching my kids' activities

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:33 PM

Day one- we had severe weather, I checked out 3 kids from 2 schools (that took a hour!) then we had no internet at home for a few hours.  I took a nap, instead of scrapping. I did finish one page, and we had no damage from the hail/wind/possible tornadic activity, so that is a yay for today!

• kscraps1, Missus Wookie and craftymeggy like this

siggy%20august%20small.png

#29 texasjen

texasjen

• REGISTERED
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:26 PM

Completely unprepared too.  I haven't scrapped in about 8-9 months, but I know I have some kits with photos still made up from ages ago.  So I will start there, and try to re-acquaint myself with my supplies.  

#30 Ladydoc

Ladydoc

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, art, photography, travel, knitting, reading, design

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:30 AM

I'm so not prepared. First off is the severe jet-lag. My internal clock is topsy-turvy. It's 5:25 am and I've been awake for over an hour and I'm crashing after dinner. I am unpacked and laundry is done, in fact that may be the inspiration for my first page this month on the aftermath of travel! My craft room looks like a tornado struck, I'm almost afraid to post a photo and that's not the only messy spot in this house. I am trying to limit my scheduling of other things this month and I've set my goal of two page each week. It's a place to start! I love seeing how productive everyone gets and the ones who really win at this crazy game are so very inspirational!

• Missus Wookie and craftymeggy like this

post-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb_zcalvinball_zpsqay1lvvv.gifclickheresmall_zpsu4msbetn.jpg

#31 KimInIa

KimInIa

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

Just joined yesterday & though I have played before (on an old yahoo site) I am having a blast reading through all the posts & comments to learn the ins & outs of how it's done here. So yea, unprepared here too.

• kscraps1 likes this

Kim   :rolleyes:

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#32 Talita

Talita

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Theology, Journaling, Gardening, ect.

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

Totally unprepared and late starting! I was so excited about Calvinball (still am) and had planned to do a ton of prepping during February, but that did not happen. Just starting scrapping this morning and am digging out some old kits..
  • CABoyle likes this

#33 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

• REGISTERED
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

Welcome to all the newbies, whether you are prepared or not!

I have never been good at getting prepared for something like this.  I have not patience, so if I try to put together page kits, I just want to go ahead and do the pages.

The good news is I have a huge stash and a ton on printed photos.  Also have enough glue to keep me going for a few more pages.

And better yet:  we can each claim ONE point for admitting how unprepared we are!

• CABoyle likes this

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346bilde_1.jpeg

#34 jumpgate

jumpgate

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

There's already a point for admitting to not prepping ;)

I think maybe we should offer a point per day for late starters (ie. you start on the 5th you get 4 points for starting late).

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#35 Missus Wookie

Missus Wookie

telling stories

• REGISTERED
  • 200 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, stories, gardening, walking, laughing with friends.

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

I've been sick for much of Jan/Feb so hadn't even thought about Calvinball - let alone do any preparation. Hoping that some of the stuff I'd expected to do earlier over Christmas/January can be found and scrapped. Plus, I haven't finished up the 2016 project life album we've done as a family project - so that should be quite good for some points, as long as I can find those photos that is...

#36 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

• REGISTERED
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:27 PM

I've been sick for much of Jan/Feb so hadn't even thought about Calvinball - let alone do any preparation. Hoping that some of the stuff I'd expected to do earlier over Christmas/January can be found and scrapped. Plus, I haven't finished up the 2016 project life album we've done as a family project - so that should be quite good for some points, as long as I can find those photos that is...

Hope you are feeling better now.  And hope you feel like playing.  When a hobby feels like work, it is time to walk away and have a nap.

• Missus Wookie likes this

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346bilde_1.jpeg

#37 Skippydoo

Skippydoo

• REGISTERED
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Disney Parks, Sci Fi, scrapbooking, art journaling, travelers notebooks,

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:03 PM

I barely remembered about it the last day of February, and I'm still moving into my craft room.  I am totally unprepared for Calvinball.

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#38 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:57 AM

Always!! :) I never prep for LOAD either! HA!

• Missus Wookie likes this

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users