#1 askings

askings

GIS Teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 3,044 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Home Decorating, Music, Anything Outdoors

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

Hi there!

We'll be holding a LIVE crop on March 25, so come get your Calvinball on!  We'll be opening the webinar crop room on Saturday, Mar. 25th at 10:00am EDT and there will be extra points available to those who attend!

To join, come to this url on Satuday: https://global.gotom.../join/283652254

To chat LIVE you'll need a microphone and earbuds or a headset is recommended.  Or, you can call in using your telephone.

Dial +1 (215) 383-1021
Access Code: 283-652-254
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 283-652-254

New to cropping live with us? Here's how it works.
  • As soon as you connect you'll be "in the room." It's a gotowebinar meeting room.
  • You'll be able to see what attendees are there.
  • for us to hear you on your mic, click the mic icon next to your name to UNMUTE
  • You can type with attendees in a chatbox.
  • If you have speakers you'll be able to hear those of us with headsets yakking.
  • If you have a microphone and headset, you can talk to us. (YOu need to be listening through the headset if you're going to be talking because other wise we'll hear ourselves in your speakers and that's confusing and echo-y).
  • If you have a webcam and want to turn it on, we can see you. We take turns turning our webcams on -- max 6 at a time -- it ends up working well. and we can let anyone who wants show their screen which is nice for digi scrapping or shopping!

It's easier than you might think and we'll help you.  Hope to see you there!

Amy Kingsford
My Letter-Sized Life

calvinball2.gif

#2 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,800 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

Hey, all! I hope many of you will be here with us.

MY BEST ADVICE!!! Have a microphone so you can talk to us . . . and earbuds or a headset so you can listen without causing feedback.

Lots of times people come and try to participate by typing in the chat box, but it's not as fun for them and everyone is scrapbooking not watching the chatbox--so then it feels lonely.  

This can be as simple as attending on your smart phone or tablet WITH EARBUDS FOR LISTEING and using your phone's mic to talk.

I'm going to be quite late to the event -- gettting there in the afternoon because I'm taking my youngest son to a university event (oh, yeah, he gets to go to college next year ;) )  

Marcia Fortunato will be there opening the room up. If you're going to be there for an hour or two and have good internet connection, let her know that you're glad to be made an "organizer" (We like to have two or three to keep the connection open and to help with allowing people to share their screens).

At any time, we can have 6 webcams and 1 screen shared. We usually switch off on this throughout the day.

I'll see you Saturday afternoon--- but I know many of you will be there in the morning.

WHO IS COMING?

And one more thing--if you're finding you can't get a word in edgewise because some of us old-timers who are also yakaholics don't seem to take a breath and the story just goes on and on, PLEASE just interrup. It's ok. And if you're not comfortable with that, send Marcia or myself or a little message in the chatbox. AND YAKKAHOLICS (we all know who we are) be on watch for quieter folks.

Happy scrapping. (And HUGE thanks to Marcia for helping out with this).

• Missus Wookie and mawscrap8 like this

#3 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Pages & cards & canvas & journaling & planning

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

Hoping to attend at first by phone while transporting my grandson somewhere, then on my computer at home.  Looking forward to it!

• mshanhun likes this

Kathy McElfresh

#4 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:03 AM

I hope to attend too - just for a little bit in the late evening

• mawscrap8 likes this

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#5 pixie

pixie

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:22 AM

I haven't done this live crop thing before... sounds fun. You say it starts at 10 am Eastern... how long does it last? I have an obligation in the morning.

Also, I will have a ROCKABILLY BAND in my living room in the afternoon. So if I join, I may need to stay on mute for long periods of time.

Vynette aka pixie
  • mawscrap8 likes this

#6 Ladydoc

Ladydoc

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, art, photography, travel, knitting, reading, design

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:52 AM

Pixie, it lasts until at least midnight EDT and can go into the wee hours if a number of folk from west of the Rockies and from Australia are active. People come and go all day. I'm looking forward to cropping with everyone.
  • Missus Wookie and mawscrap8 like this

post-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb_zcalvinball_zpsqay1lvvv.gifclickheresmall_zpsu4msbetn.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users