10 replies to this topic

#1 snapsandsnippets

snapsandsnippets

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 735 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, cardmaking, reading, decorating

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:31 AM

It has been awhile since I was in the GIS gallery, and I am noticing that some of the photos are showing really large on the first page.  I don't know if that is a random magazine look function or just based on the size of the file uploaded, but that part is fine.

What is weird, is when I click on one of those larger photos to comment, it takes me to that page, but the photo doesn't load, it only shows in the stream of photos below.  Maybe this is only happening to me - I'm on a PC using Firefox.

ETA:  It is happening on more than one user's layouts.

• craftymeggy likes this

Susanne

Snaps & Snippets, my blog (on hiatus for who knows how long)

Snaps & Snippets on Facebook

Counterfeit Kit Challenge, design team member

photo-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346

#2 Maribeth

Maribeth

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Photography, RV-Camping.

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

It has been awhile since I was in the GIS gallery, and I am noticing that some of the photos are showing really large on the first page.  I don't know if that is a random magazine look function or just based on the size of the file uploaded, but that part is fine.

What is weird, is when I click on one of those larger photos to comment, it takes me to that page, but the photo doesn't load, it only shows in the stream of photos below.  Maybe this is only happening to me - I'm on a PC using Firefox.

This is happening to me as well.  I was wondering the same.

• craftymeggy likes this

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

#3 kscraps1

kscraps1

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

Hmmmm, I'm not sure why that would be happening. I'll see if I can find an answer!

• craftymeggy likes this

Kelly S

#4 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:03 PM

I noticed this, too, but when I clicked on the x in the little box, I got a pop up of the gallery photo, so I could see the detail there.  Lost it when I went to comment, but could bring it up if I needed it to finish my comment.

• craftymeggy likes this

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346bilde_1.jpeg

#5 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,799 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:15 PM

Thanks for the heads-up. I did find one layout (a card) that looked like that. Are you seeing more?

The file uploaded was too big --- and the system should have resized or given an error message but did not. 

For now we'll have to live with this---though  the uploading scrapbooker could delete and resize then upload again. The software here is ready for an update but I do not want to risk bringing the house down if things go wrong---it's quite a big update.

• craftymeggy likes this

#6 craftymeggy

craftymeggy

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, reading, sewing, crafting

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

I was going to say what Debbie said. When a thumbnail shows up it's because it's a smaller version of the image but since it was too big it wasn't showing up anywhere else.

Good luck getting the update done when you can Debbie. I'm sure that's always nerve wracking!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 KimInIa

KimInIa

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

So if I take a photo of my layout, will it automatically resize when I upload it? or should I get some software to resize it? (I haven't had to in ages, so I don't have anything right now.)  TIA!

Kim   :rolleyes:

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#8 MelPea

MelPea

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:11 PM

I noticed that yesterday as well, but did not see it happening today, so perhaps the person uploaded new smaller images?  (Or perhaps there have been so many new things added that I just didn't get far enough into the gallery to find those same items again.  :)  )

calvinball.gif

#9 snapsandsnippets

snapsandsnippets

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 735 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, cardmaking, reading, decorating

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Glad to hear it was just not me, as my computer has been misbehaving lately and I hoped that was not one more symptom.

Susanne

Snaps & Snippets, my blog (on hiatus for who knows how long)

Snaps & Snippets on Facebook

Counterfeit Kit Challenge, design team member

photo-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346

#10 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,799 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:30 AM

So if I take a photo of my layout, will it automatically resize when I upload it? or should I get some software to resize it? (I haven't had to in ages, so I don't have anything right now.)  TIA!

If you're taking the photo with your phone, it should be ok. if you're taking it with a dslr and have the photo size sent to super large it might be a problem. give it a try and see how it goes! it's easy to delete if it's too big.

#11 KimInIa

KimInIa

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:04 PM

If you're taking the photo with your phone, it should be ok. if you're taking it with a dslr and have the photo size sent to super large it might be a problem. give it a try and see how it goes! it's easy to delete if it's too big.

I got it to take 8 of 12 by putting them in google photos then downloading to my computer :) 

good enough for today!! Thanks!!

Kim   :rolleyes:

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users