Photo

In the Groove

7 replies to this topic

#1 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:31 PM

This has been a tough year--lost my dad and a very close friend (who was like a dad to me) in the first three months of the year. 

A couple of months later, my computer died. I bought a new computer and then was lucky enough to be able to recover my files from the dead computer. I still have not organized all of my digi files on the new computer.

Summer arrived--the 3 week vacation we planned was cancelled. Then work took over my life. We were able to sneak away for a week the first part of August. 

In the last week, I have scrapped 20 layouts. I think that is more than what I have scrapped from January to August. I think I am "in the groove" again. 

The next few months are going to be busy and I'll be traveling a lot with my job because I start training my replacement tomorrow. I'm pretty excited to be hanging it up at the end of the year. Looking forward to spending more time taking photos and scrapping. 

• Ladydoc, mfortunato and LisaDV like this

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#2 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,804 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:04 AM

Sorry for the tough months and so glad to hear you found your groove . . . and are moving toward a new normal.

I've only scrapbooked about 30 layouts total this year and it's bumming me out. I might have been able to find time for one or two this weekend but . . . I wasn't in my groove; i.e., I just didn't know where to start there were so many untold stories. I do need a couple of weeks dedicated to scrapbooking to get my groove back.

Good luck with training your replacement!!!

• LisaDV likes this

#3 mfortunato

mfortunato

Marcia Fortunato

• REGISTERED
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:family, scrapbooking, photography, hiking, travel

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:47 PM

I'm the same way, Debbie. Hard to know where to start and life keeps happening! I feel most inspired to scrapbook the most recent things, but by the time I get a chance to scrap, something else is the most recent! :P Guess I need to just start somewhere. I did get inspired after my last assignments and have done a couple of pages just for fun - it had been awhile! - and I have journaling and photos for a few more. It's supposed to rain the next day or so, so maybe I'll lock myself inside and just scrapbook :)

• LisaDV likes this
Marcia
mfortunato.blogspot.com
​Instagram - marciamfortunato

#4 snapsandsnippets

snapsandsnippets

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 735 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, cardmaking, reading, decorating

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:39 PM

Terry, sorry you've had such a tough go this year.  But glad to hear that you are able to get lots and lots of layouts done during this lull.  I hope your travel and transition are both safe and happy!

Susanne

Snaps & Snippets, my blog (on hiatus for who knows how long)

Snaps & Snippets on Facebook

Counterfeit Kit Challenge, design team member

photo-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346

#5 Ladydoc

Ladydoc

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, podcasting, art, photography, travel, knitting, reading, design, sustainability, anthropology

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:40 AM

Glad you are back in the groove. So sorry about your tough year.

post-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb_zcalvinball_zpsqay1lvvv.gifclickheresmall_zpsu4msbetn.jpg

#6 KatieScott

KatieScott

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 923 posts
  • Interests:I'm a scrapbooking, Picture Taking, Story Telling, Scrapbook Improv-ing, Blogging, Bikram Yoga Practicing, Kayaking, Theme Parking 40 something Mom and Wife who's a Lawyer by Day and a Scrapbooker by Night!

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:19 PM

Glad you are back in the groove - I'm trying to get myself there mentally - I don't think I've scrapbooked since Calvinball!  This is - I think - my longest hiatus from scrapbooking ever.  I even put most of my scrapbooking things away in a closet (gasp!) - true story!  I've had a busy summer working on a new thing (and I tend to jump in with both feet and all of my time and attention when I find a new passion)  - but I'm getting familiar enough with my new hobby that I think I'm almost, almost ready to get back to scrapbooking.  I miss doing my videos.  And I miss everyone here at Get It Scrapped!

• mfortunato and LisaDV like this

#7 LynnG

LynnG

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:47 PM

So sorry about the tough start to this year. But great that you are back in the groove. And watch out scrapping world next year, by the sounds of it  ;-)

#8 LisaDV

LisaDV

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:29 AM

I too am sorry about you tough year. But glad you are back in your groove. I know life took over my scrap time this summer. I joined a bunch of swaps and a challenge to at least make some time. But 20 pages is awesome.

calvinball.gif

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users