• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 CABoyle

CABoyle

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:04 AM

So, how is everyone doing on their goals?

My goal was a page a day.  I'm a few days behind right now, but way ahead of where I would be without Calvinball.  My daughter will be home from college soon and we'll be going on vacation, so I may need to revise my goal a bit.

What I'd really like to do is scrap some of the pictures that I've been avoiding.  I have several that I haven't attempted yet because they are so important to me and I'm afraid I won't do them justice. 

• Jill momma2ski likes this

#2 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

I guess I am about half way done scrapping my January & February pages, so I am right on track.

Have been having lots of fun adding little bits & bobs onto my pages to meet challenge requirements. And getting lots of inspiration from the Gallery, even though I have yet to lift anything from there.

So at the half way point, I would declare this exercise a SUCCESS!

I have set a points goal for this next Saturday, and thinking I should be able to meet it. Will see how it all goes from here...

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346bilde_1.jpeg

#3 TinaCampbell

TinaCampbell

• REGISTERED
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Cardmaking, Project Life, Smashbook, Genealogy, Birdwatching, Weekend Getaways

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:05 PM

I'm not far off of my goal of 31 pages :) With company in this past weekend I missed a day or 2 but will be making it up on Saturday with 2 online crops that I'll be playing with :)

• LisaDV likes this

Tina :) 

Tina's Scrap Corner, my blog

Lasting Memories, design team member

Jo's Scrap Shack, design team member

calvinball.gif

#4 Katiecb

Katiecb

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:08 PM

I haven't been able to do anything yet, but March 25 and 28 are work holidays -- and the kids are in school on the 28th, so I am hoping to do a layout or two then. I realize one day isn't much, but I would be happy to just get *something* accomplished.

I had high hopes for this year, but so far beating my 11 points from last year doesn't seem attainable! LOL 

~ Katie ~

SmileTag_200.jpg   calvinball.gif

#5 Jill momma2ski

Jill momma2ski

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Family, friends, paper crafting, reading, & surviving!!

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:50 PM

I am feeling really good about everything I've accomplished, however my house and family might not agree!  Hubby is insisting on dinner tonight, wth?  I have been posting on my blog what I have been doing for Calvinball and I'm finding that it takes a lot of time.  I haven't paid any attention to my blog in years but I wanted to use it as my record keeping. I'm finding that it's a waste of time!  I'm ready to let the blog go and use that time for scrappin", especially if I have to start making dinner and doing housework!  

• LisaDV, TinaCampbell and CABoyle like this

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

#6 Jill momma2ski

Jill momma2ski

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:52 PM

So, how is everyone doing on their goals?

My goal was a page a day.  I'm a few days behind right now, but way ahead of where I would be without Calvinball.  My daughter will be home from college soon and we'll be going on vacation, so I may need to revise my goal a bit.

What I'd really like to do is scrap some of the pictures that I've been avoiding.  I have several that I haven't attempted yet because they are so important to me and I'm afraid I won't do them justice. 

I am SOOOOO far ahead of where I would be without CalvinBall, I'm loving the competition style fire under my butt!  

• okmama likes this

#7 Celeste

Celeste

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:57 PM

i'm sucking. but that's ok. i've been ill and we are crazy busy with band. so it is what it is.

#8 Jill momma2ski

Jill momma2ski

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:22 PM

i'm sucking. but that's ok. i've been ill and we are crazy busy with band. so it is what it is.

life has a nasty way of getting in the way, look at all the cool photo/layout ops you are enjoying (other than the being sick part)!  When March is over I will have not done anything other than play in the scrap loft, and I'm okay with that!

#9 okmama

okmama

telling stories

• REGISTERED
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:43 PM

To be honest, I can't even remember what my goal was at the moment. The flu hit our family late last week and I'm in survival mode. If everyone is fed and has clean clothes, I must be winning, right?  :fever:  :headache:  :boohoo:

I did get off to a good start, and I'm still optimistic enough to think I'll get back to scrapping soon. Spring break will hamper me, though since my boys will want to have friends over for sleepovers once we're healthy again.

But I'm grateful for Calvinball. It has been giving me loads of inspiration and ideas, and the impetus to focus on tasks that I've put off far too long.  B)

• LisaDV, Jill momma2ski and CABoyle like this

Lydia

#10 texasjen

texasjen

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:16 PM

I am pretty close to my updated goal (100 LOs or PL pages for the month).  

I just finished up #50.  But I realized that my last day will probably be the 29th, because my MOPS group has our big kids consignment sale that week, so I will be completely busy helping out with that.  

This is definitely not a long-term sustainable pace for me, but I love how much I have gotten done this month!  And it's been kind of fun to dedicate so much time to scrapping - I've had a few nights where my inclination was just to veg, but the competition motivated me to get a page done, and of course I enjoyed it once I got going!  :)

So thank you to everyone who organizes this!  

• Jill momma2ski and CABoyle like this

#11 gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind

• REGISTERED
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Memory Keeper.Reader of Books.Homemaker.Zentangle Artist.Amateur Photographer.Follower of Christ.

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:58 PM

I am at 41 layouts and my goal was between 30 and 45 layouts. So I feel really happy about that.

More than anything, I am delighted at how passionate and how much I **long** to scrap. I've not ever stopped scrapping, but this is the extra something that was missing for a while. I'm finding it hard to put into words. I just get excited to find a photo and then a kit and then see what I can create with it.

I'm really grateful for this to push me to create more often. I'm definitely already a huge winner because of that!

• okmama, Jill momma2ski and CABoyle like this

Cheryl Ashcraft

Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#12 Jill momma2ski

Jill momma2ski

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:51 AM

I am at 41 layouts and my goal was between 30 and 45 layouts. So I feel really happy about that.

More than anything, I am delighted at how passionate and how much I **long** to scrap. I've not ever stopped scrapping, but this is the extra something that was missing for a while. I'm finding it hard to put into words. I just get excited to find a photo and then a kit and then see what I can create with it.

I'm really grateful for this to push me to create more often. I'm definitely already a huge winner because of that!

I couldn't agree more!  I too was missing my passion, I was going thru the motion, enjoying it sorta, but not "longing" to get to the scrap loft.  I guess it's the rules list that is sparking me to think about my stash in a new light. Thank you to everyone involved in making this event happen, and to the you tube ladies, where I found out about it. 

• okmama and gonewiththewind like this

#13 Maribeth

Maribeth

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Photography, RV-Camping.

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:39 AM

I have not been active on the forum for about the last week.  We went on our first 4 day camping trip last Thur-Sun (I work and it is difficult for me to get time off so we do a lot of four day RV trips during the spring and fall).  I completed 27 courthouse pages on the camping trip.  Because those layouts have a formula they are easy to complete in the limited space for scrapping supplies aboard the RV.  I have been working on other layouts  before work every morning and during lunch on the days I am able to take a lunch hour.  I will be able to photograph my layouts and post my points update on Saturday.  All in all I feel great.  My main goal was getting all the courthouse photos I have already printed onto pages, and I am nearly there, so I am feeling really great about that.  I think one more day of total focus on the courthouse layouts (probably Sunday) will see those pages complete.  Sadly that will mean I am out of Courthouse photos so the begging begins.....please consider taking a photo of your County Courthouse so that I can continue mu quest to scrapbook all 3,144 of them.  

Have a productive day scrapping everyone.

#14 Stefanie

Stefanie

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 967 posts
  • Interests:Besides scrapbooking? Photography, reading, cooking and knitting.

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:22 AM

I have to agree, life has a way of interrupting my scrapping time and the exchange rate is interrupting my shopping time.

I am happy with my progress though so that's good!

One of my favourite quotes is that life is filled with balls that we need to juggle, some plastic, some rubber and some fragile, delicate glass. As long as we don't drop the glass ones we're doing ok.

• okmama, LisaDV, gonewiththewind and 1 other like this

Untitled-1_zpsgfd6yp5n.jpg

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

Facebook

Blog

Pinterest

#15 SueTR

SueTR

• REGISTERED
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Memory Keeping & Making stuff…sewing, knitting, designing & decorating…pretty much what I do.

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:24 PM

I had a bit of a lull the beginning of the week…..lots and lots going on….I'm going to an all-day crop on Saturday and hoping to bust out a TON of layouts from our Hawaii vacation a few years ago, my goal was to best my Calvinball score from last year and I'm hoping to stay in the top 10…

Domestic Goddess

Memory Keeper 

calvinball.gif

#16 SueTR

SueTR

• REGISTERED
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Memory Keeping & Making stuff…sewing, knitting, designing & decorating…pretty much what I do.

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:25 PM

I have not been active on the forum for about the last week.  We went on our first 4 day camping trip last Thur-Sun (I work and it is difficult for me to get time off so we do a lot of four day RV trips during the spring and fall).  I completed 27 courthouse pages on the camping trip.  Because those layouts have a formula they are easy to complete in the limited space for scrapping supplies aboard the RV.  I have been working on other layouts  before work every morning and during lunch on the days I am able to take a lunch hour.  I will be able to photograph my layouts and post my points update on Saturday.  All in all I feel great.  My main goal was getting all the courthouse photos I have already printed onto pages, and I am nearly there, so I am feeling really great about that.  I think one more day of total focus on the courthouse layouts (probably Sunday) will see those pages complete.  Sadly that will mean I am out of Courthouse photos so the begging begins.....please consider taking a photo of your County Courthouse so that I can continue mu quest to scrapbook all 3,144 of them.  

Have a productive day scrapping everyone.

Courthouse??  Tell us more about this project, I'm not even sure where our county courthouse is...

• Maribeth likes this

Domestic Goddess

Memory Keeper 

calvinball.gif

#17 JustJac

JustJac

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

I guess my goal was 31 layouts, and I've done 12.  I'm pretty happy with that.  I have a week of holidays after Easter and I plan to scrap a lot then. I love the challenges.  Prior to Calvinball, I was mostly making cards or working on big project albums (family road trip, reunion).  This month I jumped right in with the last pile of pictures I had printed. I'm using up some of my older paper, and having a great time.  My scraproom looks like a bomb went off, but that's not so unusual.

• HelenH and Jill momma2ski like this

calvinball.gif

#18 LisaDV

LisaDV

• REGISTERED
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:31 PM

My goal was to clean up a bit, finish a swap, and complete 8-10 layouts. I was thinking the 8 might be a stretch, but I'm already at 11.  Now I'm hoping to work on some of my Christmas photos. Although I was suppose to be spring cleaning and have only gotten 1/2 of the living room finished.

• okmama and Jill momma2ski like this

calvinball.gif

#19 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:49 AM

I didn't have a specific goal so I'm doing great LOL

I was doing great but my momentum slipped away. We're homeschooling and its sort of 'midterms' week. So that has been distracting. Spring break the next week and no plans.... so hopefully I can pick some up tomorrow.

Headed to Disneyland next month so expect me to pump out some Disneyland pages from last year's trip :)

I haven't scrapped at all this week so far (don't worry I've got tonight and tomorrow to pick up my spot on the leaderboard ;) except that we're doing Disney on Ice tomorrow, so that will take up the afternoon)

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#20 CABoyle

CABoyle

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:43 PM

I didn't have a specific goal so I'm doing great LOL

I was doing great but my momentum slipped away. We're homeschooling and its sort of 'midterms' week. So that has been distracting. Spring break the next week and no plans.... so hopefully I can pick some up tomorrow.

Headed to Disneyland next month so expect me to pump out some Disneyland pages from last year's trip :)

I haven't scrapped at all this week so far (don't worry I've got tonight and tomorrow to pick up my spot on the leaderboard ;) except that we're doing Disney on Ice tomorrow, so that will take up the afternoon)

You just go and enjoy yourself and invite the other top 10ers to go with you.  Give the rest of us a month, or three, to catch up with you.  ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Calvinball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users