77 replies to this topic

#41 snapsandsnippets

snapsandsnippets

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 735 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, cardmaking, reading, decorating

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:07 PM

I may not do better than either of the last two times I participated (50 points was my low mark), but I will be happy if I can concentrate on scrapping through some older supplies.  I've been making up small page kits with older photos for the last few days and have reacquainted myself with my button, ribbon and brad stash to name of few of the oldies but goodies around here.  Hoping by the time April rolls around there will be a noticeable depletion in my bin of odds and ends papers too.

• kscraps1, LisaDV, craftymeggy and 1 other like this

Susanne

Snaps & Snippets, my blog (on hiatus for who knows how long)

Snaps & Snippets on Facebook

Counterfeit Kit Challenge, design team member

photo-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346

#42 jumpgate

jumpgate

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:20 AM

Jen I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Bless you.

I'm so glad you're here with us!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • LisaDV and Jill momma2ski like this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#43 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:53 AM

My goal is 1) layout proofing and printing 2) memorabilia pages

• kscraps1, LisaDV and Jill momma2ski like this

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#44 Mommaho

Mommaho

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:32 AM

I'm excited to play this year after seeing lots of chatter about it!  I'm going to a crop the end of the month too so I hope to have at least 20 pages done and at least 20 cards!  Darn it all that work gets in my way during the day!

• kscraps1, LisaDV, jumpgate and 1 other like this

#45 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:56 AM

I don't have a goal other than talking a lot of smack!

We will be on vacation most of the month--will be taking lots of photos to scrap later.

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#46 LisaDV

LisaDV

• REGISTERED
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:49 AM

My goal is simply to get back into scrapping.  My husband died 6 months ago, and I am just now starting to feel like myself again.  But I haven't done anything with photos since last summer, and I think it would be good to try to get back into it.  

I played last year and had a lot of fun and got a lot done.  Logistically, this year is just going to be a lot harder for me, since I am working and in school, plus single parenting my 7-year-old son.  But I think this will be good for me, even if my participation is somewhat sporadic.  

Hugs to you. I'm so sorry about your husband. 

• craftymeggy likes this

calvinball.gif

#47 LisaDV

LisaDV

• REGISTERED
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:50 AM

I'm excited to play this year after seeing lots of chatter about it!  I'm going to a crop the end of the month too so I hope to have at least 20 pages done and at least 20 cards!  Darn it all that work gets in my way during the day!

Yeah, why can't we take a whole month off of our daily activities to just play!  

• craftymeggy and Jill momma2ski like this

calvinball.gif

#48 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:50 PM

I could but I think my kids would be mad at me for making them do school in July to make up for Calvin ball. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • LisaDV and craftymeggy like this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#49 Talita

Talita

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Theology, Journaling, Gardening, ect.

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:56 PM

This is my first year of Calvinball. March is a really busy month for me and I work full time +, so my goal is 31 pages. I may re-evaluate that half way through the month and increase my goal if I am close to meeting it.

• kscraps1, snapsandsnippets, LisaDV and 1 other like this

#50 DawnMcD

DawnMcD

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

Hmm My goal is 5 layouts a week. So 25 layouts. I think also at least 1 project and 10 cards.  I have a lot of stress this month with helping to care for my ill MIL. I am using Calvinball as a time to destress from all the physical and emotional things this month.

• kscraps1, LisaDV, piedpiperdesigns and 2 others like this

Dawn 

calvinball.gif

#51 budletsmom

budletsmom

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

I just want to get scrapping again and get a few layouts finished. In a good month I might get 4 layouts done so if I get that many done I will be happy. Hoping for more but I know reality will get in the way. So my goal is 4 layouts and using up some scraps and using some tools I don't use as much as I should.
  • kscraps1, LisaDV and carolynhasacat like this

calvinball.gif

#52 kscraps1

kscraps1

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:33 PM

My goal is just to spend some quality time with my scrapbooking supplies. I barely made any pages in February (busy month!), so I am ready for some creative time!

• snapsandsnippets, LisaDV and carolynhasacat like this

Kelly S

#53 MelPea

MelPea

• REGISTERED
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:33 PM

My goal will be 4 two-page layouts and 12 cards because I have some very busy card-giving months coming up.   :)

I'm a super slow scrapper/crafter and I am totally unprepared, so I will be darn happy if I meet these goals.  :)

calvinball.gif

#54 carolynhasacat

carolynhasacat

• REGISTERED
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:48 AM

This is new for me and I tend to be a slow scrapper so I'm going to make my goal 50 points. Of course, my real goal is to have fun! 

calvinball.gif

#55 gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Memory Keeper.Reader of Books.Homemaker.Zentangle Artist.Amateur Photographer.Follower of Christ.

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:21 PM

I made 71 layouts last year. I'd like to meet that same goal (or exceed it). I have high hopes. My back pain limits me to the amount of computer time I have. It's always good to have goals!

As far as albums or projects, I do know that I'd like to work on my Disney albums some.

• kscraps1 and LisaDV like this

Cheryl Ashcraft

Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#56 CABoyle

CABoyle

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

My goal is to create a layout a day and spend less time browsing the internet for projects.  I need to finish my youngest daughter's high school album before she graduates this June.  

#57 shystad

shystad

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Scrapbook Design, Blogging, Searching for Farmhouse Treasures

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:21 PM

I hit my first goal.  I now understand what calvinball is!  I also learned that I get 2 points for being new.  I'm on a roll now!  

#58 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

• REGISTERED
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Pages & cards & canvas & journaling & planning

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

I want to continue to do at least a LO a day, primarily working off "prompts" generated by my "scrap piles" -- bags/boxes/collections of souvenirs that I've schlepped around and added to got 30-some-odd years. Some will have pics and some won't but all will have stories. And if one or two rules trigger an idea for one of the two trips I'm working on, I'll do some of those pages. And I have a stack of miscellaneous photos that I know I don't have electronically so I'll scan them and maybe tell a few of their stories. So basically I'm housecleaning...

Above were some random thoughts at the outset.  I later listed things this way:

I think I put goals somewhere else on another forum, but I wanted to revisit now that I'm 3 days into this crazy experience.  And put them in the right place.....

1.  I absolutely, positively COMMIT to at least 1 page per day (and update stats accordingly so I don't get behind)

2. First "area of interest" will be my scrap pile of souvenirs that I dumped out from bags and boxes and sorted onto my craft table

3. Next will be miscellaneous hardcopy photos that I know I have electronically and which are too big to file in my year-by-year shoe boxes.  Why not make pages and tell a story that I haven't scrapped before, right?

4. Next will be pages for two books I'm trying to finish -- South Pacific cruise from 2015 and 8000-mile-road trip from 2016

5. Next will be pages for the "life stages" books I've created for 70+ years of family photos that have been lying around in a million different places.  I have sorted them and actually started scrapping.  Started with "the Kathy years" to cover my birth up til I became "Mommy", then it switches to all-about-the-kid, and so on.  

6. I'm hyper and LOVE switching gears so I will definitely move from one category to the next, mostly trying to get things done that NEED to be done, and secondarily trying to get LOTS and LOTS of Calvinball points!

Achievable goals: 

1.  Completely clear (by scrapping) ALL the souvenirs/keepsakes/tickets/post cards, etc. from my crafting (aka dining) table

2.  5 pages using existing hardcopy pics that are too big for shoe boxes but have untold stories

3.  5 pages from South Pacific cruise

4.  5 pages from 8000-mile baseball road trip

5.  5 pages from life-stages (Kathy years, T-Boy years, 3-of-us years, empty nest years, Granny-&-Grumpy years)

6.  5 current events pages (pic out my window, at dgk activities, at favorite resto, craft room re-do, etc.)

7.  5 non-photo stories using souvenirs, keepsakes or images from the web

8.  5 scrapbook pages using mixed media elements

9.  5 art journal pages -- background, texture and photos or sayings

10. 5 weekly planner pages -- publish pics every Sunday night

11. Tally goals actually achieved and give myself a point for each of the above as I do them....

• kscraps1, LisaDV and CABoyle like this

Kathy McElfresh

#59 Stefanie

Stefanie

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 967 posts
  • Interests:Besides scrapbooking? Photography, reading, cooking and knitting.

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:04 AM

I haven't really given this too much thought.

50 layouts would be a great goal for me.

• kscraps1, LisaDV and gonewiththewind like this

Untitled-1_zpsgfd6yp5n.jpg

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

Facebook

Blog

Pinterest

#60 mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:scrapping, reading, Silhouette crafting, cross-stitch, crochet, and coloring.

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:47 PM

This really wasn't on my radar this year, but decided today that I would give it a try since it is only March 2nd and I made a layout today and yesterday! lol! My goal is to finish my December Daily book for 2016 and catch up on my photo a day book for this year. I do a week on a page. We are headed on vacation for spring break which is the last week of March, so I only have until March 23 to work. :) In terms of numbers, I would love to just do a layout or two a day. 

calvinball2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users