95 replies to this topic

#81 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Pages & cards & canvas & journaling & planning

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:04 PM

I need to be more strategic with this game. I've just scrapped as usual with my old photos. Time to clear my table and stock it with easy Calvinball points! Trouble is I can't remember how old my old supplies are, so I don't claim those points. Seems too much trouble to try to look them up. 

. I hear you on that -- I haven't bought any paper collections in a couple years til a month or so ago and those are separate so I know what's old and new there -- embellishments are all mixed up and so I don't worry about those -- I just try to mix old and new papers. I'm challenging myself to use up really really old stuff like brads and bling. I'm spending as much time cleaning and rearranging as I am scrapping -- and that's a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • okmama, kscraps1, LisaDV and 2 others like this

Kathy McElfresh

#82 mroberts3

mroberts3

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

I was shocked at how many points I had. I did pull lots of point-grabbers to my table and tried to get em all on every page for the last 11 or 12 that I did. I think some looked too busy but they were kid photos so I didn't mind. Might need that nap today! It's really a lot of work tallying -- took me about 4 hours to go thru my pages and enter data to my ss. I will try a new process next Friday. And start earlier. And I've scrapped all my low-hanging fruit -- much more research and hunting down pics to go with memorabilia this coming week. Still having fun, though!

I finally found a system that works for me. On every day that I scrap something, I upload it/them to the Gallery and then tally the points right then. It only takes a few minutes - so much better than saving them up. I'm usually busy on Fridays and always go out in the evening, so if I didn't do points this way, I'd never get them in!

• kscraps1, LisaDV, carolynhasacat and 1 other like this

calvinball.gif

#83 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:25 AM

My scrapping style doesn't include most of the rules/points. I'm happy with just scrapping and getting layouts done.

However, I do like that idea of making one or two just about Calvinball and layering all kinds of stuff on it just for points.

• kscraps1, LisaDV and mawscrap8 like this

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#84 LisaDV

LisaDV

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:44 AM

I was shocked at how many points I had. I did pull lots of point-grabbers to my table and tried to get em all on every page for the last 11 or 12 that I did. I think some looked too busy but they were kid photos so I didn't mind. Might need that nap today! It's really a lot of work tallying -- took me about 4 hours to go thru my pages and enter data to my ss. I will try a new process next Friday. And start earlier. And I've scrapped all my low-hanging fruit -- much more research and hunting down pics to go with memorabilia this coming week. Still having fun, though!

I use a spreadsheet for tallying points. I find it easier to calculate total points by the week, but each layout has a point total. So I typically input totals either immediately after creating or at the end of each day.  

It's typical of me to prep a certain number of stories and then create with those page kits until I'm uninspired and then prep some more. But I made sure to have lots of stories prep for March. Even with stories to tell digitally which I normal just have those stories with a date in my stories to tell spreadsheet. This time I moved a copy of each photo folder (usually its events that get told digitally) with a copy of the most quickly thought of kits that go with those stories into a separate folder for each story.  I'm really liking this set up a lot.

• kscraps1, snapsandsnippets and mawscrap8 like this

calvinball.gif

#85 snapsandsnippets

snapsandsnippets

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 735 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, cardmaking, reading, decorating

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:26 PM

It's not how fast you scrap, ladies.  It's how well you scrap fast!  (Echoing a lawnmower commercial I heard at least 5 times this weekend on the sports channels.)

I got 5 layouts done today in about 6 and 1/2 hours. That's darn good for me.  I had very basic page kits made up for 4 of them, and was able to just plow through and keep myself from searching for too many special finishing touches.  I am totally happy with the pages, and the variety of stash I used on them.  Not sure when I will get back to the studio this week, but I have another 5 or more page kits set aside.

Hoping the big "mo" stays with me.

• kscraps1, mfortunato, LisaDV and 2 others like this

Susanne

Snaps & Snippets, my blog (on hiatus for who knows how long)

Snaps & Snippets on Facebook

Counterfeit Kit Challenge, design team member

photo-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346

#86 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

I've got something big coming people... HUGE!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • okmama and LisaDV like this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#87 snapsandsnippets

snapsandsnippets

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 735 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:28 AM

Just passed my 2015 Calvinball personal best in total points.  Racking up more points per layout than in 2016, so momentum is working for me!  May not pass you jumpgate, but I'm headed for a top 10 finish.  Outta my way!!!

bilde_1.jpeg

• okmama, mfortunato, LisaDV and 3 others like this

Susanne

#88 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:49 AM

Just passed my 2015 Calvinball personal best in total points.  Racking up more points per layout than in 2016, so momentum is working for me!  May not pass you jumpgate, but I'm headed for a top 10 finish.  Outta my way!!!

bilde_1.jpeg

I am shaking in my boots!  Most of my scrappiness is over for the month.

I may not be able to steal your grand finale, but I think I will try to steal that Calvinball image! 

• okmama, snapsandsnippets, LisaDV and 3 others like this

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346bilde_1.jpeg

#89 ladyofthelake318

ladyofthelake318

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, duh; reading, mostly murder mysteries; theater; gardening; genealogy; movies; and stuff.

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:07 PM

I was about out of "current" photos, but we've been going through a bunch of stuff in the garage and I brought in some old photos.  I am LOVING scrapping my babies (and even from before) -- they'll be 21 and 27 in July this year, so it's been fun reminiscing.  This jumpstarted my mojo, along with a birthday weekend that I could claim as my own selfishly without any guilt whatsoever :-)  I was shocked to be on the leader board (even if it was #9).  Two years ago, when I first found Calvinball, I had a heart attack on Mar 2 and got nothing really done.  Last year, I don't remember what was going on, but I was busy and had abandoned it by this time.  This is my year, though!  And I'm having a blast.

• okmama, mfortunato, snapsandsnippets and 5 others like this

Andrea

aka Ladyofthelake318

post-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.jcalvinball.gif

#90 carolynhasacat

carolynhasacat

• REGISTERED
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

Scrapped very little this week, although I did get the dental work point. As a side note, did you know that you can get a filling done without anesthesia? I did that this week and now I'm feeling invincible!  :razz:

Hoping to make up for the lack of progress this week with a superstar FINAL week next week! Going to see if I can do a 101 point LO and beat my record! Haha!  :P  :lol:  :zombie:

• mfortunato, LisaDV, CABoyle and 1 other like this

calvinball.gif

#91 carolynhasacat

carolynhasacat

• REGISTERED
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

I've got something big coming people... HUGE!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Intrigued!!!!! 

calvinball.gif

#92 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

Just uploaded 50 pages of a 6x8 album I just put together this week! I started with am album I made at an Archiver's class forever ago and didn't use for anything... and fleshed it out and added to it and... TA DA!

• okmama, mfortunato, LisaDV and 3 others like this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#93 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

• REGISTERED
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Pages & cards & canvas & journaling & planning

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

• jumpgate likes this

Kathy McElfresh

#94 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

wow! ya'll have been busy!! I was super busy he beginning of last week--so I could leave on a very long vacation. We left Thursday--this is he first time being on the computer. Maybe I'll get a layout done tonight. On the road tomorrow--heading to Orlando, FL to visit my brother and his wife. Will probably be too busy the next week to scrap. But I'll be taking lots of photos.

• LisaDV, CABoyle and mawscrap8 like this

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#95 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

Don't think there is any hope for me to maintain a spot in the top ten.  Have been gone for almost a week.  Got a couple of pages posted today.  Have everything ready to get going in the morning. 

Only way I can stay in the top ten is if no one else uploads a YUGE project and a bunch of people forget to post their numbers on Friday.

• LisaDV likes this

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346bilde_1.jpeg

#96 snapsandsnippets

snapsandsnippets

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 735 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:23 AM

Was getting a bit burned out on layouts, so I switched to cards.  More than a dozen completed this a.m., a nice bump to my totals.  Might tackle finishing up a vacation pocket page album next as I think I only have about 4 pages left, and then finish strong with the last few page kits I compiled before the scrapathon started.  It would be nice to have completed all of those.

But first, there is the matter of housework. Ugh!!!

• LisaDV likes this

Susanne

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users