Photo

Calvinball 2017 ~ Let's Get this Party Started!!

calvinball calvinball 2017

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 craftymeggy

craftymeggy

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, reading, sewing, crafting

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:09 AM

Hello everyone!! I hope you're all getting excited for this years Calvinball challenge!! Sorry, we haven't gotten things going before this week, it's been a bit different not having Celeste in charge! Kelly and I are going to be your new "hosts" this year so if you have any questions just let us know!!

For now, you can check out the different discussions we have going on. Come on over to the Blog roll and add your link so we can see all your layouts! Find that post here: http://www.debbiehod...p?showforum=478

Add your name to the Stats Thread here: http://www.debbiehod...showtopic=11106

Keep track of where you are in this fun challenge on the leader board: http://www.debbiehod...showtopic=11105

And, last but not least, you can find the rules here: http://www.debbiehod...showtopic=11103

If you're a newbie, you can find more info about Calvinball here: http://www.debbiehod...showtopic=10180

I am so super excited for March to come!! Only 6 days away, depending on where you live! ;)

Come in and relax with us while we prep for this fun challenge! Is this your first time doing Calvinball or are you an old pro? This is my 3rd year and last year I totally did not accomplish my goal so I am upping the anty this time and I'm going to do it!! Tell us a little more about you and how you found out about this fun challenge!!
  • DebbieHodge, Ladydoc, kscraps1 and 3 others like this

#2 Maribeth

Maribeth

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Photography, RV-Camping.

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:28 AM

This is my second year.  I did pretty well last year I came in 10th.  My page count was 112 and I want to exceed that this year.  I don't remember exactly how I found out about it.  I was a lurker on the forum and I think I just saw the CalvinBall thread and it sounded like fun.  I am all about the page count.  I have so many scrapbooking projects and it super important for me to get as much done as possible, so I am really into events that promote productivity.  I have my own craft room, but it is small, so my husband lets me take over the entire house so that I can set up stations for everything imaginable, a die cutting station, a sewing stations, an eyelet station, a punch station, a trimmer station, a drying station - well you get the picture.  That helps my productivity as I don't have to stop to get a tool out or rearrange things in order to use one tool over another.  

Come on March 1!

• DebbieHodge, okmama, Ladydoc and 5 others like this

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

#3 Katiecb

Katiecb

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:42 AM

This will be my third year, and I'm pretty sure I haven't made a single layout for any of them! My scrapbooking took a huge dive a few years ago, when the kids became more active, and I haven't been able to get back on track, no matter how hard I try. Anyway, this is one of the most fun and flexible challenges I've seen, and I figure if anything is going to get me scrapping again, it will be this one! 

I got a new computer for Christmas and I haven't installed anything on it yet (except some cloud applications and MS Office.) I need to find my PSE disc and copy over my photos and kits this week!

• DebbieHodge, okmama, Ladydoc and 5 others like this

~ Katie ~

SmileTag_200.jpg   calvinball.gif

#4 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

• REGISTERED
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:16 AM

I am so looking forward to this!  For me, it is all about the challenges, dreaming up ways to use my stash with my photos and create something fun.  I also love giving and receiving feedback on projects posted in the Calvinball Gallery.  I get tons of ideas from that gallery, and others' comments spur me on to keep doing what I love.

Played last year and had a blast.  Invited a bunch of people to join in the fun this year, and I see alot of them have accepted the invitation.

• DebbieHodge, Ladydoc, kscraps1 and 4 others like this

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346bilde_1.jpeg

#5 kscraps1

kscraps1

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:48 PM

I am so glad to see everyone signing up and getting ready for Calvinball this year! I am Kelly and I will be a moderator along with Megan. I am looking forward to this year's event!

• DebbieHodge, Ladydoc, LisaDV and 3 others like this

Kelly S

#6 JustJac

JustJac

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:42 AM

This is my second year. I think I heard about Calvinball over at the 2peasrefugees message board. I finished top 20 last year. I've been doing Layout A Day in February so I'm going to try to continue doing a page a day in March. I like stacking as many points as possible for each layout. I guess I will have to revive my blog.

calvinball.gif

#7 okmama

okmama

telling stories

• REGISTERED
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:57 PM

Hi everyone! This will be my fourth year, I think. Time sure flies when you're having fun. I can't wait to get my scrapping kickstarted again next month. 

My scrapbooking took a huge dive a few years ago, when the kids became more active, and I haven't been able to get back on track, no matter how hard I try. Anyway, this is one of the most fun and flexible challenges I've seen, and I figure if anything is going to get me scrapping again, it will be this one! 

I totally get this, Katie! My scrapping suffered when my boys became pre-teens. The activity level is only part of it, though. I also just need to adjust to scrapping older kids. I kinda miss the cute stories that go with little kids. 

Lydia

#8 TinaCampbell

TinaCampbell

• REGISTERED
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Cardmaking, Project Life, Smashbook, Genealogy, Birdwatching, Weekend Getaways

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:39 PM

This is my 2nd year :) I had a blast playing along last year and looking forward to it this year :) Lots of photos printed that need a story to go with. I want to tackle a few old counterfeit kits while playing along and clean up my room at the same time :)

Tina :) 

Tina's Scrap Corner, my blog

Lasting Memories, design team member

Jo's Scrap Shack, design team member

calvinball.gif

#9 toribissell

toribissell

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:00 PM

This is my second year too! I had SOOOOO much fun last year!

• DebbieHodge, Ladydoc, kscraps1 and 5 others like this

#10 Jill momma2ski

Jill momma2ski

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Family, friends, paper crafting, reading, & surviving!!

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:44 AM

this is my second year as well, I had so much fun and was so productive last year I'm hoping that the bug of competition returns.  I've done very little scrapbooking since last years Calvinball and I miss it dearly.  I've got NO pictures printed (other than a random left over here and there)  I haven't printed any pictures since last March other than Thanksgiving weekend which I used to make a book for someone for a gift. Time to sit my rear end down in front of this machine and work on photos instead of surfing.... 

Last summer at the Great American Scrapbook Convention almost everything I purchased was with Calvinball in mind... (collections are quicker for me to work with)

My favorite thing about Calvinball, in addition to the awesome people that play along, is I love the challenge of "stacking points", it was such fun to see how many points I could get on a page and the pages that were created that way ended up being some of my favorites, creatively, I love the way Calvinball pushes me out of my comfort box.

I'm looking forward to the fun ahead, just a side note - I had surgery yesterday and have a month long schedule of appointments ahead, I will do my best to not let them interrupt my paper play time.

Good luck everyone....  looking forward to being productive, feeling good about it & having a wonderfully creative adventure!

~Jill  (2nd place last year, bragging rights are awesome!!!)

#11 gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind

• REGISTERED
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Memory Keeper.Reader of Books.Homemaker.Zentangle Artist.Amateur Photographer.Follower of Christ.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:49 PM

This is my second year playing Calvinball. Last year I was in FIRST PLACE with 630 points and 71 layouts! Woo-Hoo! BRAGGING RIGHTS! LOL

I have had a downswing in my health with my chronic back pain, and have been struggling to be at my computer as much. I almost finished the Month of Challenges at The Lilypad in January with 25 layouts, but haven't scrapped much in February.

It would be nice to make at least 71 layouts again, but we'll see what happens! I have to take it one day at a time.

Wishing everyone outstanding productivity this year! Let's fill up our memory books!!!!

• DebbieHodge, Ladydoc, kscraps1 and 5 others like this

Cheryl Ashcraft

Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#12 Jill momma2ski

Jill momma2ski

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Family, friends, paper crafting, reading, & surviving!!

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:16 PM

This is my second year playing Calvinball. Last year I was in FIRST PLACE with 630 points and 71 layouts! Woo-Hoo! BRAGGING RIGHTS! LOL

I have had a downswing in my health with my chronic back pain, and have been struggling to be at my computer as much. I almost finished the Month of Challenges at The Lilypad in January with 25 layouts, but haven't scrapped much in February.

It would be nice to make at least 71 layouts again, but we'll see what happens! I have to take it one day at a time.

Wishing everyone outstanding productivity this year! Let's fill up our memory books!!!!

I'm sorry to hear you are having health issues... it seems to be the season..  I'm with you anything completed is a win!  Looking forward to seeing you on the leaderboard..

• DebbieHodge, Ladydoc, kscraps1 and 2 others like this

#13 craftymeggy

craftymeggy

• REGISTERED
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:49 PM

Hi everyone! This will be my fourth year, I think. Time sure flies when you're having fun. I can't wait to get my scrapping kickstarted again next month. 

I totally get this, Katie! My scrapping suffered when my boys became pre-teens. The activity level is only part of it, though. I also just need to adjust to scrapping older kids. I kinda miss the cute stories that go with little kids. 

I am so the same way! I love scrapping my young kids so I often use photos from when they were little. Mine will be hitting the teen years soon and it's a little bitter sweet! I miss my little boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • DebbieHodge, okmama and LisaDV like this

#14 craftymeggy

craftymeggy

• REGISTERED
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:52 PM

~Jill  (2nd place last year, bragging rights are awesome!!!)

Wow!! You were second place last year?!! That's awesome!!

• DebbieHodge, LisaDV, Missus Wookie and 1 other like this

#15 craftymeggy

craftymeggy

• REGISTERED
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:54 PM

[size=5]This is my second year playing Calvinball. Last year I was in FIRST PLACE with 630 points and 71 layouts! Woo-Hoo! BRAGGING RIGHTS! LOL

Woohoo!! You definitely do get bragging writes!! That's so fun you won! And I'm amazed at 71 layouts! I hope to get 55 done this year.

• DebbieHodge, LisaDV, Missus Wookie and 2 others like this

#16 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,795 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:38 AM

Love seeing all the excitement from new and experienced calvinballers.

• kscraps1, LisaDV, Missus Wookie and 2 others like this

#17 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

It's almost here!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#18 MelPea

MelPea

• REGISTERED
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

This will be the first time I have ever participated.  I just heard about it over on the 2peasrefugees board.   (Thanks, Gramma Dee! :)

I'm looking forward to it.  I am a very slow scrapper, so the points won't be something that I will be racking up, but I think it will be good for inspiring me to keep finding time to scrap or make cards.  :)

• okmama, Ladydoc, kscraps1 and 6 others like this

calvinball.gif

#19 ctpea

ctpea

• REGISTERED
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

It's my first time....so I'm a newbie around here.  

• Ladydoc, kscraps1, LisaDV and 6 others like this

calvinball.gif

#20 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:22 AM

Looking forward to getting to know you two ladies a bit better through this coming month! Onwards and upwards!

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: calvinball, calvinball 2017

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users