77 replies to this topic

#1 LisaDV

LisaDV

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:00 AM

What's your goals for this year?

Do you have a goal to get a certain number of points? pages done? kits killed? projects completed?  

Come tell me yours!

• kscraps1 and craftymeggy like this

calvinball.gif

#2 TinaCampbell

TinaCampbell

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Cardmaking, Project Life, Smashbook, Genealogy, Birdwatching, Weekend Getaways

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:08 AM

My Goal is to get lots of layouts done and a few cards :) I would like to get atleast 31 layouts done, but more if I can :) I would like to use up a few of my old counterfeit kits and I'm always up to getting as many points as I can :)

• kscraps1, LisaDV, craftymeggy and 3 others like this

Tina :) 

Tina's Scrap Corner, my blog

Lasting Memories, design team member

Jo's Scrap Shack, design team member

calvinball.gif

#3 LisaDV

LisaDV

• REGISTERED
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:11 AM

I am better prepared than last year, I have prepped 74 stories to tell. I don't expect to get through all of them.  Last year I did 25 pages and had a point total of 132.  This year I'd like to get 40 pages at least.  

• kscraps1, craftymeggy, Jill momma2ski and 1 other like this

calvinball.gif

#4 Maribeth

Maribeth

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Photography, RV-Camping.

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:38 AM

I completed 112 layouts last year - I want to exceed that.  The point count is not really as big of a deal to me, it really is all about the productivity and getting projects done.  I of course have my Courthouse Project (still have most of Kansas to complete), I still have some Home Sweet Home pages to complete, Post Offices, NRHP, I have some projects I have not even touched in years, and am working on getting those brought up to date - Places We Have Been, National Parks, National Monuments etc.  Camping 2013-2015 needs to be brought current.  And then of course the family pages, Twiggy and Grampa's Love Story Album.  

I guess you can tell I am really looking forward to this event.

On another note - I am a rule follower, so I really like to follow the rules to the letter of the law.  I have some questions as to what really should be considered for point count.  Like if I premake layouts for my 2017 camping season but do not yet have the photos does that count as a completed layout???  When new rules are added, do you go back to layouts you already completed and add to your count if something was on that page that was not in the rules when you completed it?  

• kscraps1, LisaDV, craftymeggy and 4 others like this

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

#5 LisaDV

LisaDV

• REGISTERED
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:25 AM

On another note - I am a rule follower, so I really like to follow the rules to the letter of the law.  I have some questions as to what really should be considered for point count.  Like if I premake layouts for my 2017 camping season but do not yet have the photos does that count as a completed layout???  When new rules are added, do you go back to layouts you already completed and add to your count if something was on that page that was not in the rules when you completed it?  

My understanding is if the layout is premade before March 1st, it would not count. Although you might request a rule that if you add photos to X number of layouts that would equal 1 point.  Not sure on the going back. I took it as once the total for the week was on the leaderboard that was the total for those layouts. I know I missed points even within the week, as points wasn't my major concern but, like you, getting some layouts finished. 

• craftymeggy likes this

calvinball.gif

#6 Maribeth

Maribeth

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

My understanding is if the layout is premade before March 1st, it would not count. Although you might request a rule that if you add photos to X number of layouts that would equal 1 point.  Not sure on the going back. I took it as once the total for the week was on the leaderboard that was the total for those layouts. I know I missed points even within the week, as points wasn't my major concern but, like you, getting some layouts finished. 

Lisa, the layouts would not be done before March 1, I would be making them during March, but will not have the photos until we actually go camping sometime in 2017. I have come up with a design so that all I have to do when we come back is print the photos in the appropriate sizes, Title and Journal.

I did the points like you did, if my project was already counted for the week and then the rule came out I did not count it again, i was just wondering if I was incorrect in interpreting that way.  I know I missed a lot of points within the week as well.

• LisaDV and craftymeggy like this

#7 Phyllis

Phyllis

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

:hello: WaHooo ! a goal met. 
:heart: all the chatter & laughs. -- (last year I was a lurker, then had to drop out.

• kscraps1, LisaDV, craftymeggy and 1 other like this

#8 Maribeth

Maribeth

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:31 PM

:heart: all the chatter & laughs. -- (last year I was a lurker, then had to drop out.

Phyllis - so glad you are no longer a lurker!

• craftymeggy likes this

#9 LisaDV

LisaDV

• REGISTERED
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:13 PM

So glad you are not lurking any more, Phyllis!  

• craftymeggy likes this

calvinball.gif

#10 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,796 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:05 PM

I want to get a bundle of layouts made from last summer's family reunion and make an album for my mom

• kscraps1, LisaDV, craftymeggy and 2 others like this

#11 Christy'sBeautifulLife

Christy'sBeautifulLife

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

Considering I have a baby I think will arrive in march (even though she's not due till April) I'm setting a goal of 30 layouts!
  • okmama, kscraps1, LisaDV and 4 others like this

#12 craftymeggy

craftymeggy

• REGISTERED
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, reading, sewing, crafting

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:06 PM

My goal is 54 layouts/Project Life spreads! Eeeeekk!! I want to make page kits this upcoming week to make working onlayouts easier. I'm getting excited!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • kscraps1, LisaDV, Jill momma2ski and 1 other like this

#13 craftymeggy

craftymeggy

• REGISTERED
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:57 AM

Lisa, the layouts would not be done before March 1, I would be making them during March, but will not have the photos until we actually go camping sometime in 2017. I have come up with a design so that all I have to do when we come back is print the photos in the appropriate sizes, Title and Journal.

I did the points like you did, if my project was already counted for the week and then the rule came out I did not count it again, i was just wondering if I was incorrect in interpreting that way.  I know I missed a lot of points within the week as well.

Hi, Maribeth!! I am going to say that the layouts will count if you made them in March, even if you don't have the photos. Also, You interpretted the rule perfectly. If you already counted the layout for the week and a new rule came out that could apply, it doesn't count. I'm glad you're joining again this year!! I can't believe you got so many done last time!!
  • kscraps1, LisaDV and Kelly Prang like this

#14 Maribeth

Maribeth

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:31 AM

Hi, Maribeth!! I am going to say that the layouts will count if you made them in March, even if you don't have the photos. Also, You interpretted the rule perfectly. If you already counted the layout for the week and a new rule came out that could apply, it doesn't count. I'm glad you're joining again this year!! I can't believe you got so many done last time!!

Thanks for the clarification.  I am happy the layouts without photos will count.  I really want to get the Camping 2017 pages put together so that after each trip I can get the photos printed, type up the title and journalling and pop them in the album.  This will sure help me stay on top of the camping pages - I still have 2013-2016 to bring up to date, and I did not want to have this happen to 2017.  Yay me!

#15 smdkfcd

smdkfcd

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, cooking, bluegrass music & traveling!

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:48 AM

I will be going on a a 3 day crop retreat the 3rd weekend in March & usually compete about 25 pages for that. So I'm gonna put my goal pretty high 45 pages & 1 6x8 Disney album complete.Im new to Calvin ball so I'm unsure about points , I just want to get a lot of mages done, have fun & be inspired by others.
  • kscraps1, LisaDV, craftymeggy and 2 others like this

Michelle DiGiovanni :bounce: :glassesbig: :coffee2:

#16 craftymeggy

craftymeggy

• REGISTERED
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:46 AM

I will be going on a a 3 day crop retreat the 3rd weekend in March & usually compete about 25 pages for that. So I'm gonna put my goal pretty high 45 pages & 1 6x8 Disney album complete.Im new to Calvin ball so I'm unsure about points , I just want to get a lot of mages done, have fun & be inspired by others.

That will be great to go a retreat during the challenge!!
  • LisaDV likes this

#17 Katiecb

Katiecb

• REGISTERED
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

Looking back, I see my goal last year was four layouts, but that I didn't manage a single point all month! So, I'm going to scale back on my goal even more and just try to get a point or two so I can at least get on the leaderboard, even if I'm at the bottom! LOL

~ Katie ~

SmileTag_200.jpg   calvinball.gif

#18 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:11 AM

My goal for the year is to have at least one page for each day.  But since there are lots of days in the year I don't or can't scrapbook, I like crops and activities like Calvinball that spur me on to "stay ahead" of the page count.

Actually my main goal is to have a lot of FUN!!!   I love doing challenges.  And smacking them down for myself and others.  And the way the points work, the more challenges I can incorporate into one page, the more POINTS!  And I do love those points...

• kscraps1, LisaDV, Kelly Prang and 4 others like this

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346bilde_1.jpeg

#19 toribissell

toribissell

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:43 AM

My goal.... to do better than I did last year, to finish a wedding album I'm making for a friend, and share my layouts (as many as I can) on Youtube

#20 Maribeth

Maribeth

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:25 PM

My goal.... to do better than I did last year, to finish a wedding album I'm making for a friend, and share my layouts (as many as I can) on Youtube

Tori, i am so glad you are going to participate - I was concerned when I didn't see you pop on here.  Yay so glad.  I may have to scraplift some of your YouTube process pages, they are awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users