• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 texasjen

texasjen

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:51 PM

So when does the official 2016 point breakdown go up?  Tomorrow morning? 

I'm hoping to squeeze in a bit of time tomorrow afternoon while DS is in kindergarten!  :)

#22 okmama

okmama

telling stories

• REGISTERED
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:10 PM

So when does the official 2016 point breakdown go up?  Tomorrow morning? 

I'm hoping to squeeze in a bit of time tomorrow afternoon while DS is in kindergarten!   :)

The fun of Calvinball is that we make it up as we go so it will keep changing through the month. The basics are already up in the Rules thread: 1 point per page, etc. but the bonus points will be updated daily and all players can suggest new rules. So if your goal is to use up some old kits, suggest a bonus point for killing a kit. 

Lydia

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

#23 jumpgate

jumpgate

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:21 PM

We make it up as we go along. That's what makes it Calvinball.

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#24 MrsPeel

MrsPeel

• REGISTERED
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:08 AM

you know the #13: try out for a Creative Team.....

I got a message here this past week inviting me to a site CT, one of the major sites/stores.... which I had to turn down as much as it pained me because I have too much in my hands.... (I can't believe I am writing this.. like, the validation of the mother of validations if I ever needed one was that I became part of my beloved scrap home site team....and now this..oh boy)

talking that I am in a site CT at the Lilypad already and in quiet a lot of teams...can I count my invite as another point? LOL

or I can try for the GIS team? LOL

I had a lightning moment in which I realize how the points go and that I don't actually need to do a page per rule...that I can use many of the rules in one page...so I am now counting.....

also , have to say, LOVE love LOVE that the whole thing got me scrapping the wedding.... I am not posting all in the gallery or you will have to quick me out for flooding the gallery, but I will make an album with the Calvin Ball pages this week and give access in Photobucket in case any of you want to see :)

I am of now buit will come back to go comment in the gallery as I saw that so many of you have left so many gorgeous comments in my pages...and the gallery is inspiring!!!!!!!

• HelenH, mshanhun and Jill momma2ski like this

#25 HelenH

HelenH

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:15 PM

Good to hear you've figured out how to play!

• MrsPeel likes this

#26 Jill momma2ski

Jill momma2ski

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Family, friends, paper crafting, reading, & surviving!!

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:32 PM

Suffering from total and complete guilt!!  I took the day off yesterday, didn't even climb the stairs to the loft, I did do some commenting on the gallery but did not pick up one piece of paper.  Although I needed the break, I felt guilty all day!  It feels good to be putting glue to paper again.... seriously, wth is going on?  I have never been competitive, ever in my life.  Guess there is a first time for everything..LOL  

• okmama likes this

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

#27 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:10 PM

I know... this is addictive! But we only have so much energy. Sometimes we get to use it, but sometimes we have to refill the tank.
  • Jill momma2ski likes this

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346bilde_1.jpeg

#28 MrsPeel

MrsPeel

• REGISTERED
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:25 PM

I have to say, even thoigh I didn;t realize I could make a page with as many "rules" as I wanted in the last week (or 10 days, I see my date of,my post) but I am SO SO glad I was trying to play even if only with one rule per page...I got pages done I really wanted to do for quiet some time....!!!! Now I want it to be next year soon so I can play and count LOL

• Jill momma2ski likes this

#29 jazzescrapper

jazzescrapper

• REGISTERED
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:I love scrapbooking and some card making. I love to read and used to cross stitch.

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:16 AM

I have a dumb question. Where do I sign up for Calvinball or do I have to sign up? I wanted to do this last year and then we packed last minute and moved and everything was in boxes FOREVER. It was like my scrap room was the last to get unpacked and organized. Thanks for the help

• craftymeggy likes this

Susan

#30 craftymeggy

craftymeggy

• REGISTERED
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, reading, sewing, crafting

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

I have a dumb question. Where do I sign up for Calvinball or do I have to sign up? I wanted to do this last year and then we packed last minute and moved and everything was in boxes FOREVER. It was like my scrap room was the last to get unpacked and organized. Thanks for the help

Hi, Susan! That's not a stupid question at all! All you do to sign up is post a comment in this thread to save your spot. You keep track of your points throughout march by editing your original post. http://www.debbiehod...showtopic=11106

We're so glad you're joining us this year!! Let us know if you have anymore questions!!

#31 Linda_aka_mum

Linda_aka_mum

• REGISTERED
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:23 AM

Hello.

I'm new but Grammadee, Maribeth, and Justjac have been talking this up over at Refupeas....do you have to post layouts online to participate? I don't usually post my layouts anyway and that's what's keeping me from participating in Calvinball - which sounds awesome

• craftymeggy likes this

calvinball2.gif

#32 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 159 posts

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:33 PM

Preppers are CHEATERS lol I don't prep... but I did order adhesive

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • okmama, ladyofthelake318, craftymeggy and 1 other like this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#33 ladyofthelake318

ladyofthelake318

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, duh; reading, mostly murder mysteries; theater; gardening; genealogy; movies; and stuff.

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:38 PM

Preppers are CHEATERS lol I don't prep... but I did order adhesive

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way lol!  But cleaning and ordering photos isn't "prepping", right?  (I checked my adhesive, too)

• okmama, craftymeggy and Jill momma2ski like this

Andrea

aka Ladyofthelake318

post-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.jcalvinball.gif

#34 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 159 posts

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:41 PM

Starting with a clean desk and a normally organized stash is IMO good policy. Starting with page kits and sketches attached to photos is not for me... (and I was still 1st place in week 1 last year... top 10 in week 2 and then ughh forgot to submit my points)

• craftymeggy and Jill momma2ski like this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#35 Katiecb

Katiecb

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:41 PM

Hello.

I'm new but Grammadee, Maribeth, and Justjac have been talking this up over at Refupeas....do you have to post layouts online to participate? I don't usually post my layouts anyway and that's what's keeping me from participating in Calvinball - which sounds awesome

Welcome to the game!

You do not need to post your layouts:  http://www.debbiehod...c=10180&p=91639 

• craftymeggy, Jill momma2ski and Linda_aka_mum like this

~ Katie ~

SmileTag_200.jpg   calvinball.gif

#36 Linda_aka_mum

Linda_aka_mum

• REGISTERED
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:36 PM

Welcome to the game!

You do not need to post your layouts:  http://www.debbiehod...c=10180&p=91639

Thank you!

• kscraps1 and craftymeggy like this

calvinball2.gif

#37 shystad

shystad

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Scrapbook Design, Blogging, Searching for Farmhouse Treasures

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:37 PM

Thank goodness for your post.  I didn't really know what I was signing up for!

#38 ctpea

ctpea

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

So here is a stupid question - If today I do a layout and give myself a point for that and then get 1 bonus point for using more than 3 pics (I just took it from the list on the original post) = 2 points.  

If new rules get added say in a couple of weeks, can you then go back to the layouts from week one to see if you followed any of the rules posted later? 

Also, do we have to upload to the gallery to earn the points? 

calvinball.gif

#39 Linda_aka_mum

Linda_aka_mum

• REGISTERED
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:53 PM

ctpea - I think (but I'm brand-new) that you can't go back and add points after the fact, just on layouts done after the new rules are posted.

As for uploading - I was told no - not required

• kscraps1, LisaDV, craftymeggy and 1 other like this

calvinball2.gif

#40 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 159 posts

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

No. The points stand at what they were when you posted. And no uploading is not required -it's all for fun so we trust ya :) but we would love if you do post so we can get our praise points... er so we can see everybody's work.

• kscraps1, LisaDV, craftymeggy and 2 others like this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users