I think I put goals somewhere else on another forum, but I wanted to revisit now that I'm 3 days into this crazy experience. And put them in the right place.....
1. I absolutely, positively COMMIT to at least 1 page per day (and update stats accordingly so I don't get behind)
2. First "area of interest" will be my scrap pile of souvenirs that I dumped out from bags and boxes and sorted onto my craft table
3. Next will be miscellaneous hardcopy photos that I know I have electronically and which are too big to file in my year-by-year shoe boxes. Why not make pages and tell a story that I haven't scrapped before, right?
4. Next will be pages for two books I'm trying to finish -- South Pacific cruise from 2015 and 8000-mile-road trip from 2016
5. Next will be pages for the "life stages" books I've created for 70+ years of family photos that have been lying around in a million different places. I have sorted them and actually started scrapping. Started with "the Kathy years" to cover my birth up til I became "Mommy", then it switches to all-about-the-kid, and so on.
6. I'm hyper and LOVE switching gears so I will definitely move from one category to the next, mostly trying to get things done that NEED to be done, and secondarily trying to get LOTS and LOTS of Calvinball points!
1. Completely clear (by scrapping) ALL the souvenirs/keepsakes/tickets/post cards, etc. from my crafting (aka dining) table
2. 5 pages using existing hardcopy pics that are too big for shoe boxes but have untold stories
3. 5 pages from South Pacific cruise
4. 5 pages from 8000-mile baseball road trip
5. 5 pages from life-stages (Kathy years, T-Boy years, 3-of-us years, empty nest years, Granny-&-Grumpy years)
6. 5 current events pages (pic out my window, at dgk activities, at favorite resto, craft room re-do, etc.)
7. 5 non-photo stories using souvenirs, keepsakes or images from the web
8. 5 scrapbook pages using mixed media elements
9. 5 art journal pages -- background, texture and photos or sayings
10. 5 weekly planner pages -- publish pics every Sunday night