46 replies to this topic

#41 craftymeggy

craftymeggy

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, reading, sewing, crafting

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

So here is a stupid question - If today I do a layout and give myself a point for that and then get 1 bonus point for using more than 3 pics (I just took it from the list on the original post) = 2 points.  

If new rules get added say in a couple of weeks, can you then go back to the layouts from week one to see if you followed any of the rules posted later? 

Also, do we have to upload to the gallery to earn the points? 

These two ladies were right. Once your points are recorded you can't go back and add more when new rules are added.

Thanks for the help answering questions!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • kscraps1 likes this

#42 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Pages & cards & canvas & journaling & planning

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

Quick question -- I've tried but can't seem to get the blinkie into my signature.  Anyone out there know how to do it on a Mac?

OK, one more question -- How do we know when rules go from "suggested" to "accepted"?  And for these first 3 days I've just been using the original basic rules, but if I were to go out today and see another run that applies to TODAY's layout, can I go back in and add the points?  

I'm really having fun using the rules as prompts to expand my horizons in terms of "using stuff" and making old stuff work in new designs.  This is RIGHT UP MY ALLEY!  I am using this exercise to push myself in many ways, one of which is to try new techniques and build my own design style -- I find I do well using sketches and lifting others' designs, but not so much when I go freeform.  I'd like my freeform to become more sophisticated and I'm learning SO much from all the inspiration here!

Kathy McElfresh

#43 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

• REGISTERED
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

Quick question -- I've tried but can't seem to get the blinkie into my signature.  Anyone out there know how to do it on a Mac?

OK, one more question -- How do we know when rules go from "suggested" to "accepted"?  And for these first 3 days I've just been using the original basic rules, but if I were to go out today and see another run that applies to TODAY's layout, can I go back in and add the points?  

I'm really having fun using the rules as prompts to expand my horizons in terms of "using stuff" and making old stuff work in new designs.  This is RIGHT UP MY ALLEY!  I am using this exercise to push myself in many ways, one of which is to try new techniques and build my own design style -- I find I do well using sketches and lifting others' designs, but not so much when I go freeform.  I'd like my freeform to become more sophisticated and I'm learning SO much from all the inspiration here!

Kathy McElfresh

#44 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

When a rule is added to the official Rules List in Post 1 of the Rules thread, it's official. Anything NOT in that Post 1 post is not a rule.

• mawscrap8 likes this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#45 craftymeggy

craftymeggy

• REGISTERED
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:18 PM

You can add up the points from the rules every week, only for that week. So by the end of this week you need to turn In Your point total on the leader board. Once you post them there you can't go back and add more points if we add a new challenge that applies to it. Does that make sense?

#46 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

• REGISTERED
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

You can add up the points from the rules every week, only for that week. So by the end of this week you need to turn In Your point total on the leader board. Once you post them there you can't go back and add more points if we add a new challenge that applies to it. Does that make sense?

Thanks, CraftyMeggie!  I understand.  I went to the first post and found the additional rules and used those for the layout I did afterwards.  I haven't gone back to others I did this week -- might do that but I might decide not to....  

Any idea on the blinkie on the Mac?

• craftymeggy likes this

Kathy McElfresh

#47 craftymeggy

craftymeggy

• REGISTERED
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:01 PM

Thanks, CraftyMeggie!  I understand.  I went to the first post and found the additional rules and used those for the layout I did afterwards.  I haven't gone back to others I did this week -- might do that but I might decide not to....  

Any idea on the blinkie on the Mac?

I don't have a Mac, I didn't realize it was a different process. Let me ask Debbie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users