11 replies to this topic

#1 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,804 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

Welcome to the Story Coach forum. I've wanted to find a way to teach writing in a way that's affordable and effective, that gives you detailed lessons for your own writing as if I were sitting with you and advising. 

Story Coach is a class that I hope does this. You'll brainstorm around a specific topic in each class -- and then get step-by-step writing instruction presented alongside the relevant notes from your notes. What's more you can collect and organize your story notes with the Story Coach engine.

You can use the story coach prompts and writing guides to find and write stories for your blog, your own memoir, your journal, and scrapbook pages.

The first class -- How my play has changed -- is available and includes:

• prompts and a place to save your writing notes at Get It Scrapped for later editing and use
  • writing guide that walks you through writing a complete story on the topic --- with your notes presented in all the right spots
  • sample scrapbook page on the topic
  • short video writing lesson
  • forum and gallery for asking questions and sharing your work

If you've decided to join in, say hello, share your writing and artful creations -- link us up to places we can see your stories online and add them to our gallery.

If you've got any questions, please ask!

#2 ami p

ami p

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Scrapping, Photography, Reading, Walking, Buddhist practice, Graphic Arts, Collage (SteamPunk), Blues

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Just signing in and hoping to use this class to the best of my ability and then stretch that ability. I am a visual artist and NOT a writer. I have started two stories with this package. I will hone them even further and then look for the pictures to use with them. My family has wanted me to write my stories and I haven't felt enough confidence to do so. I am excited to have this as a place to work through them and hone them and then put them into pages or onto my blog. 

#3 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

Stopping in to introduce myself. I'm looking forward to refining my writing and getting my stories documented for my family. I plan to scrapbook my stories for my children and their children. One day when I am long gone, they will treasure the scrapbook albums.

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#4 AHayes61

AHayes61

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 326 posts
  • Interests:Digital anything...

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

I have always felt me writing skill are a bit lacking. I really like the step by step approach, it is very helpful.

#5 flowersgal

flowersgal

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

I need the "kick in the pants" of a class with examples and directions to get me started on telling my stories.  Looking forward to seeing others examples to help inspire me.  The prompts will help direct me and cause me to think and choose.  Hopefully some day in the distant future when I am gone, my children and grandchildren will be glad that I made the effort to leave a little piece of myself in the form of writing.

#6 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

Hi, Patsy, I'm so glad you are joining in. Take a look at this essay by William Zinssner. He talks about how he came to appreciate the memories his father wrote for him --- and what they showed him that he didn't know. http://theamericansc...write-a-memoir/

#7 Celia

Celia

An Aussie in the Big Apple

• REGISTERED
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, reading, theatre, travel, theatre, writing, theatre, photography

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hi Debbie,

I've been sooooooo out of things but have taken on story coach just to get me into writing more. I've begun but need to push myself to keep at it.

Thanks for this great opportunity and process.

Celia

See Me...

#8 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

Celia! It's great to see you here. Between these classes and the photo challenge you'll be filling that blog up.

#9 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

Hey Celia! Great to see you!

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#10 mpcapistran

mpcapistran

doesn't bother to knock

• REGISTERED
  • 497 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, photography, calligraphy, travel, water painting, home decor, cooking.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

For me a page always start from a story so I'm very motivated to see new ideas of what to write about. :)

The "what's the news" got me highly motivated. It's a great way to record memories about a person that I love very much that just passed away but as she hadn't play a big part in my life for years (she helped my when I was young and I loved her truly), I didn't know how to tackle the story.

Thanks Debbie for the perspective you gave me to scrapbook about her, now that she left this world.

Marie-Pierre

my blog

Instagram

#11 Gertie

Gertie

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Reading, journaling, art journaling, scrapbooking, genealogy, grandchildren, greyhound rescue, photography, nature.

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

Hi All,

Just stopping in to introduce myself and say how delighted I am to be here!  I am Gertie, from Georgia, Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Retired Nurse, Greyhound rescuer, wanna be writer.  I love reading and genealogy, and have just recently discovered journaling, art journaling, and scrapbooking. Just ending a workshop, Finding Your Voice, which inspired me to begin a blog. (New to that tool)   This has been an exciting summer and I am looking forward to learning even more right here.

#12 Ronnietexas

Ronnietexas

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 1,266 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Reading and a little more Scrapbooking.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

Gertie - welcome we look forward to getting to know you. You find people from all over the world here, people with kids, people without, new mums, old mum, grandma's and those hoping to be grandmas. Its a fun place to hang out.

Ronnie

tn_gallery_225_466_179693.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users