• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:07 AM

Counting today, just 3 more days to add to our point totals.  How are you doing?

Will you reach your goal?

If you have already met your goal, have you set a new one?  In project numbers?  In points?

What will you be doing this last 3 days?  Sliding to the bottom of the hill, exhausted but happy with what you have done and the adventures you have had?  Frantically creating, piling up points in a last surge of energy?

I am kind of in an exhausted slide.  I completed my page goal  a couple of weeks ago, and have been busy doing other things, yet still able to complete a few pages per week since.  I never thought I could get even close to my current point total, and I am torn between basking in the success of reaching over 800, and thinking "How hard could it be to reach for 1000?"

Completed a couple of easy pages this morning, and hope to get at least a couple more done on Thursday.  My mojo is fading, so I may use the time to assemble some kits for an April crop.  I have the photo sets and themed pp:  just need to add some Calvinball worthy elements like cb, metal, stars, arrows, sticker sheets, and wood veneer. 

We are planning to leave Friday afternoon for a few days away so I hope I remember to post my final total on time!

• snapsandsnippets, LisaDV, CABoyle and 1 other like this

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346bilde_1.jpeg

#2 JustJac

JustJac

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:48 AM

I have 23 layouts done completely and 2 that are almost finished. That means I have 6 to go to hit my goal. It's going to be close.

• snapsandsnippets and LisaDV like this

calvinball.gif

#3 mroberts3

mroberts3

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

I'm exhausted and I have met my goal (so far - we'll see what happens to the leaderboard this week), but I just can't stop! I'll keep on keepin' on until the bitter end!

• snapsandsnippets, LisaDV, CABoyle and 1 other like this

calvinball.gif

#4 CABoyle

CABoyle

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

My goal was a layout a day and I have made 23 to date.  I am thrilled that I was able to accomplish this much, along with all the photo organization.  I also beat my point total from last year, so woohoo for that!  :)

#5 TinaCampbell

TinaCampbell

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Cardmaking, Project Life, Smashbook, Genealogy, Birdwatching, Weekend Getaways

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

Sadly I have not even gotten to my goals this month! I had a bad cold at the beginning of the month that just through off my scrapping for the whole month. Plus I got a good set of books that I've gotten my nose into and can't seem to pull it out to scrap, which isn't like me at all :0 I guess next year I will do better :)

• snapsandsnippets, LisaDV and mawscrap8 like this

Tina :) 

Tina's Scrap Corner, my blog

Lasting Memories, design team member

Jo's Scrap Shack, design team member

calvinball.gif

#6 snapsandsnippets

snapsandsnippets

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 735 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, cardmaking, reading, decorating

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:38 PM

I hit the Calvinball wall and didn't want to scrap another layout.  So I switched to cards and that change of pace may be enough to get me to switch back to finish up the 5 or so layout ideas I still have in the stack I started for the month.  Already passed my goal and am happy with what I have accomplished - including filing all those layouts away in albums already.

Maybe it was the thought of having to file more layouts away that made me switch.  A clear counter is a thing of beauty.  We'll see what kind of creative mood tomorrow brings.

1446235.png

• okmama, LisaDV and CABoyle like this

Susanne

Snaps & Snippets, my blog (on hiatus for who knows how long)

Snaps & Snippets on Facebook

Counterfeit Kit Challenge, design team member

photo-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346

#7 jumpgate

jumpgate

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:17 PM

It ain't over yet! I worked on some stuff today but it's not done yet

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • LisaDV and mawscrap8 like this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#8 Maribeth

Maribeth

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, Photography, RV-Camping.

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:11 AM

Met many or my goals, all courthouse photos printed are completed, all NRHP photos printed completed, all post office photos printed completed, completed my Home Sweet Home project, surpassed  the page count I wanted and exceeded my point total from last year which had also been a goal.  I had to stop after the crop on the 25th to welcome hubby home from his trip, and to get ready to start our camping season.  I sure would love to have another Calvinball session in August - right before the holidays season begins, because I scrap so little during the holiday season, it would be so nice to get another huge about of pages done before I put supplies away for the holidays.

• LisaDV, CABoyle and mawscrap8 like this

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

#9 LisaDV

LisaDV

• REGISTERED
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

I'm trying for a last big push. I reached my lofty goal of 40 pages early on in the month. Having had the stomach flu on the 1st, meant that I just sat and cranked out digital layouts on the 2nd without moving much as I recovered and even some on the 3rd. Having created so many pages really spurred me on to creating more and pushing myself. Although last week I was on exhausted slide and only created 11 layouts. 

I'll be ending CB completely thrilled. I'm currently working on my 92nd page for this month!! I've told a lot of stories digitally, which are usually part of a bigger event - vacations, day outings with many activities or photos, etc. I always put these stories off and after finishing the page I'm working on, will have completed 3 of those events!  

Looking beyond the month, my very lofty goal for the year was 140 pages. I'm currently working on page 141 for the year. 

So, yeah, I'm extremely THRILLED with CB this year.  That many stories told makes me really, really happy.

• carolynhasacat and mawscrap8 like this

calvinball.gif

#10 Katiecb

Katiecb

• REGISTERED
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:19 AM

I didn't do a single layout (not even in the Project Life app!) so I'd say I didn't make my goal, which was to basically to scrap something -- anything! -- to try to get back into it. I will say that I did install all of the applications onto my computer, and some of my digital kits, so that is *something*, but not anything like what I wanted to accomplish. 

I'm impressed by how well everyone did! I can't wait to see the final tallies! 

~ Katie ~

SmileTag_200.jpg   calvinball.gif

#11 okmama

okmama

telling stories

• REGISTERED
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:24 AM

I'm going to try to make a final push tonight and tomorrow. I'm finding it hard with the boys home on spring break and the weather being too cold and miserable to send them outside much. But I am loving the double page spread that I have on my table right now, so I will finish that later today and see what I can do about some simple pages with my school photos. I'm torn about using the original prints, though. I have them scanned and will get them reprinted, and I want the original prints on these pages, but I keep hesitating about gluing them down. 

• LisaDV likes this

Lydia

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

#12 carolynhasacat

carolynhasacat

• REGISTERED
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:30 PM

I underestimated how much I'd be able to do this month, so I'm extremely happy how the Calvinball challenge motivated me to be so prolific (for me) this month. 

I have a few almost-finished pages on my desk, but my son got strep this week and I've not had any time to finish them up. If he's feeling better tomorrow, I'll finish those up and call it done. 

• LisaDV likes this

calvinball.gif

#13 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

• REGISTERED
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Pages & cards & canvas & journaling & planning

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

I've met most of my goals -- maybe didn't do 5 LO in all the categories of my "life stages" books -- but I did more than 5 in my son's, which was great because it's about time....  I'm still having fun but it gets a little harder to clear the table and put things away at night, and I'm actually looking forward to putting away all the little buckets of "points grabbers" (labeled so I can get back to them if I want to use them).  I feel like I"ve learned SO much from all of you -- love seeing the page designs and layering of elements and the variety of styles.  I may have discovered my style: piled high with pineapples, banners, stars and green stuff!  It's like the ultimate challenge to see that I need something, go find or make it and then figure out where in the heck I can put it so it doesn't overtake all the OTHER stuff I have already piled on!

I'm going to miss you gals!  

• LisaDV, CABoyle and carolynhasacat like this

Kathy McElfresh

#14 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

• REGISTERED
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Pages & cards & canvas & journaling & planning

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

I've met most of my goals -- maybe didn't do 5 LO in all the categories of my "life stages" books -- but I did more than 5 in my son's, which was great because it's about time....  I'm still having fun but it gets a little harder to clear the table and put things away at night, and I'm actually looking forward to putting away all the little buckets of "points grabbers" (labeled so I can get back to them if I want to use them).  I feel like I"ve learned SO much from all of you -- love seeing the page designs and layering of elements and the variety of styles.  I may have discovered my style: piled high with pineapples, banners, stars and green stuff!  It's like the ultimate challenge to see that I need something, go find or make it and then figure out where in the heck I can put it so it doesn't overtake all the OTHER stuff I have already piled on!

I'm going to miss you gals!  

• snapsandsnippets likes this

Kathy McElfresh

#15 craftymeggy

craftymeggy

• REGISTERED
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, reading, sewing, crafting

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

I didn't make as many pages as I'd hoped, but it's not over yet so I'm hoping to get the last 10 done today!! I'm not working and the dog is going to the groomer so I'll have at least 6 hours uninterrupted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 Linda_aka_mum

Linda_aka_mum

• REGISTERED
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:06 AM

I met my goal of 50 pages - still scrapping today but don't expect to get more than a couple more pages done. It's been fun!

calvinball2.gif

#17 mroberts3

mroberts3

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

I met my goal, so I'm happy!  :froggy: And hoppy! I love Calvinball! I'm exhausted and I thought I'd be ready for a break when this ended, but I actually want to get right back in there and do some more - I've got so many more ideas thanks to all of you! See you next year!

• okmama and snapsandsnippets like this

calvinball.gif

#18 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

Got my last points in. I know I didn't win but WOW did I get a TON finished and I'm so happy to have gotten to be a part of it and to share it all with you ladies. ANOTHER AMAZING CALVINBALL!!!

My goals were: Make some stuff and turn in my points! So HEY I totally DID THOSE!!!

• okmama, snapsandsnippets and CABoyle like this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#19 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:29 AM

I just finished one album!! :D spent a couple of hours on it yesterday!

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#20 Linda S

Linda S

• REGISTERED
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:22 AM

After getting sick twice this month, I fell behind in meeting my goal, but I really pushed myself this week.  I not only reached my goal, but I more than doubled my cumulative point total from last week to this week!

<p>calvinball.gif     post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: calvinball

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users