Story Coach #4 - Leaving

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gertie

Gertie

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Reading, journaling, art journaling, scrapbooking, genealogy, grandchildren, greyhound rescue, photography, nature.

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

:think:  Is anyone else having difficulty with this lesson?  I have wracked my brain to think of something I could use, but I have never had a challenging leave-taking.  As a newly-wed, I left one city to move to another when my husband took a new job.  I left my son at college.  My Mother died and left me.  Those all had challenges of a sort but a normal part of life.  What are you writing about?  

#2 brendab

brendab

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

Gertie, I think the items you mentioned would be great as the subjects of a layout.  Even though they're a normal part of life, like you said, there are still a lot of emotions attached to them and the changes that occur in your life because of them.

I  haven't tackled this one yet, but would probably do a page about leaving my daughter in Alaska.  We moved her there from Ohio so she could be there when her new husband returned from Iraq (he was stationed in Fairbanks, AK).  I thought taking her to college in Tennessee was hard, but leaving her all alone in Alaska was terrible!

Brenda

#3 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,800 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Hi, Gertie,

What about telling the story of the leaving replacing the consideration of difficulties with the consideration of change/growth --- when you moved to a new city what were the changes? did you grow as a result? learn something? If you ground it in details, I think you'll have a record you'll appreciate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users