Just Beginning

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gertie

Gertie

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Reading, journaling, art journaling, scrapbooking, genealogy, grandchildren, greyhound rescue, photography, nature.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hello All,

Looking at what some of you have written, I get the feeling that I have landed in the midst of experienced, creative writers!  I could feel intimidated, but I am here to learn and I am excited to be surrounded by so many good teachers.  

I have a question. Is there a critique to the stories written?  I have written the first two stories and will put them on my blog (I am new at that too.) Will anyone read it?  Will anyone make suggestions or (kind) criticism on what I have written?  I love the way the class is set up. It really gives me a direction to go and helps me pull everything together, but am I doing it right?  How will I know?

Again, I am s' glad to be here and anxious to meet you!

#2 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,800 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

Hi, Gertie,

Use the CONTACT link in the menu/navigation and send me your blog link. I'd love to take a look at your stories.

As far as answering the questions: "am I doing it right" . . . . do you like what you've written? how did you feel when you got that last paragraph written?

right is subjective! but I'd love to see your pieces.

i've got the next class IN TRANSIT almost ready to post live -- just need to get my boys social life taken care of this morning / early afternoon and I will get it posted.

#3 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

Gertie--I read your stories and really enjoyed them! I'm loving the story Coach classes. I love getting the "story" down on paper. 

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#4 Gertie

Gertie

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Reading, journaling, art journaling, scrapbooking, genealogy, grandchildren, greyhound rescue, photography, nature.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Thank you, Terry.  This is such an exciting class and I love the prompts that just lead you right along. Feel sure I am going to learn a lot here.

Gertie

#5 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,800 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

Gertie, Your In Transit is wonderful! Had you told it before on any pages or in writing? Surely it was told around the dinner table. Here's the story for others: http://gertiessimple...-greyhound.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users