Convergence & Divergent

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KatieScott

KatieScott

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 923 posts
  • Interests:I'm a scrapbooking, Picture Taking, Story Telling, Scrapbook Improv-ing, Blogging, Bikram Yoga Practicing, Kayaking, Theme Parking 40 something Mom and Wife who's a Lawyer by Day and a Scrapbooker by Night!

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:54 PM

So I'm sipping some wine and folding laundry on the last Saturday night of summer vacation and I'm watching the first episode of Visual Story Telling & Jill's first thing is "CONVERGENCE" and I had to giggle all by my self and log in to tell you all that I just finished watching the distopian movie "DIVERGENT"  - ok maybe it is the wine - but I'm thinking that is fairly funny. 

#probablynotallthatfunny

#gladtoseeJillSprouthere

#2 KatieScott

KatieScott

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 923 posts
  • Interests:I'm a scrapbooking, Picture Taking, Story Telling, Scrapbook Improv-ing, Blogging, Bikram Yoga Practicing, Kayaking, Theme Parking 40 something Mom and Wife who's a Lawyer by Day and a Scrapbooker by Night!

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

Ok, so one more thing - that is probably just funny to me - but Jill's voice is exactly the same as my daughter's best friend Vivian's mother's voice (I know there should be more commas in that sentence).  But it is the EXACT same voice - it amuses me every time I hear Jill's voice - like I feel like it's the daughter's friend's mother talking about scrapbooking which she normally wouldn't do.  Just funny.

And the daughter's friend has a black cat that acts like a dog (ie. follows her around the neighborhood, comes when she's called, fetches a ball etc.) and we have a black dog that acts like a cat (ie. hunts fruit rats and lizards, doesn't particularly like water even though she's a retriever, and jumps up onto the counter and sticks the landing like a cat).     Which all feels like a divergence / convergent theme - I don't know.

Cheers ;) 

#3 KatieScott

KatieScott

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 923 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:12 AM

Old boyfriend update:

Ok so one more thing - Debbie mentioned about when we were kayaking and I was chatting up the Maine-ah guy on the river and I was telling my daughter about how not to date a guy like that - who was so typical Mainer dude - and how he was like my first boyfriend, David.  And I gotta say, I'm still friends with David despite his Maine-ah guy tendencies - I still like him and love him as a person, but I think of him more as a long lost brother or something rather than an old romantic thing  - since I've known him most of my life -  30 years now - since I was 14!   And he lost his parents early, and his 19 year old son died suddenly and tragically, and he went to my Dad's funeral when I couldn't - so I have a tender spot for him since he's had a hard life.  And my husband knows him and has for a long time and  understands the whole dynamic.  So its all kosher.

AND. 

Here's the kicker. 

Just last week:  My sister wanted to come down to Florida and see Tom Petty in September  -  and -  the very day after she told me about that - David facebook messaged me to see if I wanted to use any of  his luxury box seats at the Tampa Bay Forum - and he hooked us up with 4 tickets to Tom Petty.  No kidding.  

Not all old boyfriends are bad.  Even if they do have a tendency to be a bit idiotic - like that guy on the river. 

:)

#4 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,796 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

love ALL the threads here, Katie. sounds like you've got an awesome old boyfriend.

#5 Kristy T

Kristy T

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 784 posts
  • Interests:Photography, scrapbooking, making cards, baking yummy things to eat (not so much cooking dinner)

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

Katie you are too funny sometimes.

Blogging at - http://kristytdesigns.com

#6 mfortunato

mfortunato

Marcia Fortunato

• REGISTERED
  • 792 posts
  • Interests:family, scrapbooking, photography, hiking, travel

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

Katie's posts are never dull! :rofll:

Marcia
mfortunato.blogspot.com
​Instagram - marciamfortunato

#7 KatieScott

KatieScott

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 923 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

:) Tom Petty is next Monday night and just found out the old boyfriend will be there with us ! #goodtimes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users