Talking Smack here

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#61 jumpgate

jumpgate

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:20 AM

That would require some creative paper piecing to get a kraft background, a dark background and a patterned background on the same page lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • CABoyle likes this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#62 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:20 AM

And a no title layout that uses 5 different fonts for the title lol

• CABoyle likes this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#63 snapsandsnippets

snapsandsnippets

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 735 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, cardmaking, reading, decorating

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:02 AM

That would require some creative paper piecing to get a kraft background, a dark background and a patterned background on the same page lol

Still, 124 point layout ain't too shabby!  Never underestimate a Calvinballer.  :razz:

• LisaDV and CABoyle like this

Susanne

Snaps & Snippets, my blog (on hiatus for who knows how long)

Snaps & Snippets on Facebook

Counterfeit Kit Challenge, design team member

photo-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346

#64 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:05 AM

We're coming for you, jumpgate!  Even if I need to put one of my big fat CB pages per album!

And aren't you in the NO SCRAP zone?  I'm sure I saw you cross the line into there.  Now you have to sing the Sorry song until someone catches up to your score...

• LisaDV likes this

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346bilde_1.jpeg

#65 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:39 AM

maybe I need to make a couple of those BIG number pages. 

• LisaDV and carolynhasacat like this

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#66 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

I "took yesterday off" and will probably be missing next weekend  -- Oldest is coming home and I'll have to give up my scrap space.

• LisaDV likes this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#67 Skippydoo

Skippydoo

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Disney Parks, Sci Fi, scrapbooking, art journaling, travelers notebooks,

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:12 AM

-Obviously time for a dark patterned background framed in kraft...

- that ones a bit harder... maybe a pocket page with titles on the cards, but no overall title... I think that will work.

• kscraps1, LisaDV, carolynhasacat and 1 other like this

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#68 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

• REGISTERED
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Pages & cards & canvas & journaling & planning

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:15 PM

I think I'm going to claim a "sick" point for yesterday -- I missed a couple steps as I was bringing groceries down and I fell, twisted my ankle and hit my head.  Twice.  All's well -- nothing broken, just bruised ribs, knee, and hip and no signs of a concussion.  Until we knew that, I had to stay in the dark and couldn't use screens, so I couldn't tally or upload my Sunday layouts.  I'm stressed out now -- It's gonna be really hard to catch up to @Jumpgate!!!

• kscraps1, LisaDV and carolynhasacat like this

Kathy McElfresh

#69 snapsandsnippets

snapsandsnippets

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 735 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, cardmaking, reading, decorating

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

I think I'm going to claim a "sick" point for yesterday -- I missed a couple steps as I was bringing groceries down and I fell, twisted my ankle and hit my head.  Twice.  All's well -- nothing broken, just bruised ribs, knee, and hip and no signs of a concussion.  Until we knew that, I had to stay in the dark and couldn't use screens, so I couldn't tally or upload my Sunday layouts.  I'm stressed out now -- It's gonna be really hard to catch up to @Jumpgate!!!

Glad you are okay, and hope you get back to scrapping soon.

• kscraps1 and mawscrap8 like this

Susanne

Snaps & Snippets, my blog (on hiatus for who knows how long)

Snaps & Snippets on Facebook

Counterfeit Kit Challenge, design team member

photo-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346

#70 carolynhasacat

carolynhasacat

• REGISTERED
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

Well, I tried making the 127 point LO, but there were some limitations. For example, I don't have anything for #32 (glitter glue or dots) or for #44 (manual die cuts or embossing folder) and there were some contradictions (ex: use 5+ photos and make a LO with no photos), although @Skippydoo's suggestions above are making me rethink some of those. 

But I did manage to make a 100 point LO! Will post soon to the gallery. It was really fun to make!

Now my next challenge is, can I top 100 points for a single LO?  :razz:  :banana:  :o  :D

• okmama, kscraps1, LisaDV and 2 others like this

calvinball.gif

#71 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:45 PM

This is almost my level of clutziness -- IMPRESSIVE!

I didn't scrap at all on Sunday so ... you all have a chance :)

• kscraps1, LisaDV and mawscrap8 like this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#72 Terry

Terry

• REGISTERED
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:34 PM

a 100 Point LO---get out!!! I'm impressed!!

Terry

#73 JustJac

JustJac

• REGISTERED
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

I have nearly triple the points I had last Friday, but man that 100 point layout is a little intimidating! I will be scrapping up a storm this weekend.

calvinball.gif

#74 okmama

okmama

telling stories

• REGISTERED
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

Well, I tried making the 127 point LO, but there were some limitations. For example, I don't have anything for #32 (glitter glue or dots) or for #44 (manual die cuts or embossing folder) and there were some contradictions (ex: use 5+ photos and make a LO with no photos), although @Skippydoo's suggestions above are making me rethink some of those. 

But I did manage to make a 100 point LO! Will post soon to the gallery. It was really fun to make!

Now my next challenge is, can I top 100 points for a single LO?  :razz:  :banana:  :o  :D

:notworthy:  :clap:  :shocked:  :hail:

Lydia

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

#75 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

This week has mostly been a bust for me .... so I think someone else has it.

• kscraps1 likes this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#76 Terry

Terry

• REGISTERED
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:52 PM

I don't have it yet---I'm not even at 300 points!!

• kscraps1 likes this

Terry

#77 Gramma Dee

Gramma Dee

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:57 AM

We are indeed slipping in the Leaderboard, Ladies.

I think that if anyone has more than 1000 points, they should be made to take a NAP for a week or so!!!

I will have limited time this next week to work on some pages to fill in an album from last year--6 or 8 pages' worth.  Thinking if I score 100 points on each of those pages I can leapfrog over those 1000+ point people.  Then I will be HAPPY to take a nap.

(Of course that plan will be shot down if Maribeth gets to post all her pages and claim all her points today.)

• kscraps1 and LisaDV like this

calvinball.gifphoto-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346bilde_1.jpeg

#78 LisaDV

LisaDV

• REGISTERED
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:31 AM

We are indeed slipping in the Leaderboard, Ladies.

I think that if anyone has more than 1000 points, they should be made to take a NAP for a week or so!!!

I will have limited time this next week to work on some pages to fill in an album from last year--6 or 8 pages' worth.  Thinking if I score 100 points on each of those pages I can leapfrog over those 1000+ point people.  Then I will be HAPPY to take a nap.

(Of course that plan will be shot down if Maribeth gets to post all her pages and claim all her points today.)

If I made a 100 point layout, it would be so random and chaotic that I'd be too twitchy to sleep. Of course, If I made it about Calvinball, then I coiuld get make that work.  Hmmmm... Now you have me all psyched to try this. But it will wait until the last week of CB. Get those extra points at the end. 

• okmama and kscraps1 like this

calvinball.gif

#79 mawscrap8

mawscrap8

• REGISTERED
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Pages & cards & canvas & journaling & planning

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:05 PM

If I made a 100 point layout, it would be so random and chaotic that I'd be too twitchy to sleep. Of course, If I made it about Calvinball, then I coiuld get make that work.  Hmmmm... Now you have me all psyched to try this. But it will wait until the last week of CB. Get those extra points at the end. 

I was shocked at how many points I had. I did pull lots of point-grabbers to my table and tried to get em all on every page for the last 11 or 12 that I did. I think some looked too busy but they were kid photos so I didn't mind. Might need that nap today! It's really a lot of work tallying -- took me about 4 hours to go thru my pages and enter data to my ss. I will try a new process next Friday. And start earlier. And I've scrapped all my low-hanging fruit -- much more research and hunting down pics to go with memorabilia this coming week. Still having fun, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • kscraps1 and LisaDV like this

Kathy McElfresh

#80 okmama

okmama

telling stories

• REGISTERED
  • 218 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

I was shocked at how many points I had. I did pull lots of point-grabbers to my table and tried to get em all on every page for the last 11 or 12 that I did. I think some looked too busy but they were kid photos so I didn't mind. Might need that nap today! It's really a lot of work tallying -- took me about 4 hours to go thru my pages and enter data to my ss. I will try a new process next Friday. And start earlier. And I've scrapped all my low-hanging fruit -- much more research and hunting down pics to go with memorabilia this coming week. Still having fun, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to be more strategic with this game. I've just scrapped as usual with my old photos. Time to clear my table and stock it with easy Calvinball points! Trouble is I can't remember how old my old supplies are, so I don't claim those points. Seems too much trouble to try to look them up. 

Lydia

calvinball.gifpost-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb.j

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users