Katie Scott?

25 replies to this topic

#1 Sandyslp2001

Sandyslp2001

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Katie Scott? I really miss her real time vids on you tube! Maybe she is posting them somewhere else?

Does anyone have any info on Katie?
  • craftymeggy likes this

#2 jen4700

jen4700

Class Clown

• REGISTERED
  • 2,889 posts
  • Interests:Scrapping, photography, reading, computers, sci-fi.

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:24 PM

I think she's been very busy with life!

Jennifer Kellogg  facebook | pinterest
- Digi scrapping since 2014. Scrapping since 2000. Lifelong memory keeper.
- Single mom of two great kids. Business owner Kellogg Agency.
Scrapbook Style Quiz = Classic Storyteller
- Cameras: Canon T3i (EF-S 18-55 mm IS), iPhone 5s

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:58 PM

I think you are right Jenn--plus homeschooling is taking a lot of her time.

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#4 Sandyslp2001

Sandyslp2001

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:39 AM

Thanks for the info! I miss her!

#5 KatieScott

KatieScott

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 923 posts
  • Interests:I'm a scrapbooking, Picture Taking, Story Telling, Scrapbook Improv-ing, Blogging, Bikram Yoga Practicing, Kayaking, Theme Parking 40 something Mom and Wife who's a Lawyer by Day and a Scrapbooker by Night!

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:11 PM

Hey All: 

Thanks for asking!  I'm still alive.

I haven't been scrapbooking or making You Tube videos in several months.

The short answer is that I have been busy with life. 

The long answer is that 2015 was a very challenging year for me.  My kids are tweens and each of them needed different things in this transition period of life, without getting too specific, it took lots of my time but also occupied all of my mental and emotional space.   We figured out what the problems were and worked on solving them or at least making them better.  Both kids are doing well, no worries now.  I have been homeschooling my son which does take up lots of my time; and my daughter has been involved in afterschool sports which has taken me on the road and sitting through practices and games etc.  Also, my father-in-law's Alzheimer's Disease progressed rapidly in 2015; he had a heat stroke in the summer and was in the hospital and earlier in May my mother-in-law had a heart problem, had to have an emergency-ish heart surgery, and was in the hospital for at least a week.  My father-in-law was 95 and my mother-in-law is 91 and they live next door so much of my time and much more of my husband's time was spent over next-door.  In December, Charlie Sr took a turn for the worse and half way through December it got much worse and he was bedridden.  Charlie and I did a lot of the nurse duties for him - which was not easy but was actually easier than you might imagine, Hospice showed us how to move him and change him and all the things to do to make him more comfortable.   He died on December 30 at home and surrounded by family.  Charlie is now handling his father's estate and helping his mother through this whole transition time.  We are holding a memorial service at our house this Saturday so we've been prepping for that.   The year 2015 was an emotionally challenging year for me; I think it is quite possible that I had situational depression for a bit there in the fall.  We are all feeling better now and we are all ok and everything is going to be just fine. (knock on wood).  I'm still homeschooling - but we've hit a better stride with it; and I'm back in the law office now too, and I'm back to Bikram yoga and walking for miles and miles in preparation for walking parts of the Appalachian Trail with Mac this spring.  So I still have lots of busy things in life -

The silver lining?  I have a lot of stories to tell and am planning to be back to scrapbooking.  I'm taking a few hours today (yippee!!) to actually make a page and a process video.    And I'm taking Debbie's new class about how to teach online so hopefully there is a "finding your family history stories" class in my future.

So I'm not sure if I'll be back to my formerly prolific self (I used to scrapbook almost every day)  but I'd at least like to be scrapbooking every week.  

I've missed you all :) and I'm happy to get back into the scrappy world.

:) Katie.

• Ravenwood1950, Ladydoc, mshanhun and 2 others like this

#6 StampingRooster

StampingRooster

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 876 posts
  • Interests:scrapping, hiking, knitting

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:21 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your fil, Katie. Sending your family my love.  I'm hoping that the new year brings more progress towards the better and lots of happiness (and scrappiness).

Gretchen

Now Blogging

and sharing process videos

#7 winjes

winjes

doesn't bother to knock

• REGISTERED
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, photography (need to learn to use manual settings on my camera), cooking, and just about anything crafty!

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:31 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss Katie.  Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

Jett

#8 BeachGal

BeachGal

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 693 posts
  • Interests:reading and baseball

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:34 PM

Good to hear from you Katie and I'm sorry for your loss. Yes, Tweens/teens are challenging. I'm going through that myself. I hope things settle down a little for you. 

:-Devra

MyCreativeView
Facebook
Pinterest
Instagram @thebeachygal

Posted Image

#9 KatieScott

KatieScott

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 923 posts
  • Interests:I'm a scrapbooking, Picture Taking, Story Telling, Scrapbook Improv-ing, Blogging, Bikram Yoga Practicing, Kayaking, Theme Parking 40 something Mom and Wife who's a Lawyer by Day and a Scrapbooker by Night!

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:04 PM

Thank you.

So I'm taking a few days this week to get back in the scrapbooking and making videos mode - here's a link to the first one which is all about making a Tribute Album for a Memorial Service.

Here's the link:

#10 Sandyslp2001

Sandyslp2001

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:19 PM

Katie, thank you for responding. I'm so happy to heat that you are still alive! LOL! All kidding aside, I have really missed your real time videos and I love your comments like "Should I put this here?" . "Or maybe here?" They make me feel better knowing that others question their decisions. I did post my condolences on your first video, but wanted to take this opportunity to say, once again, that I'm sorry for your family's loss. Sandy

#11 snapsandsnippets

snapsandsnippets

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 735 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, cardmaking, reading, decorating

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:47 PM

Sorry for your loss Katie and all that has transpired during the difficult times you've come through.  Here's hoping 2016 will be full of joy and happiness that more than balances out last year.  Consider yourself hugged.

Susanne

Snaps & Snippets, my blog (on hiatus for who knows how long)

Snaps & Snippets on Facebook

Counterfeit Kit Challenge, design team member

photo-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346

#12 SueTR

SueTR

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Memory Keeping & Making stuff…sewing, knitting, designing & decorating…pretty much what I do.

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:07 PM

So glad to hear from you Katie and so sorry to hear about your Father In Law.  You have had a very challenging year let's hope that 2016 will be smoother for you and yours.  Miss you and hope you are back to all the things you love soon.

Domestic Goddess

Memory Keeper 

calvinball.gif

#13 KatieScott

KatieScott

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 923 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:16 PM

We had the memorial at our house today and it was wonderful.

#14 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:26 PM

Thanks for the update Katie - what a year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#15 KatieScott

KatieScott

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 923 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:06 PM

Just checking in again after yet another scrapping hiatus - this time it was my girl - she is homeschooling now too so I had a major change to adjust to and it took all of my time. I've also been working on a brand new project which is getting off the ground now. So, what I'm trying to say is I'm ready to get back to Scrapbooking.

Yay!
  • DebbieHodge, mfortunato, BeachGal and 1 other like this

#16 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:30 AM

Katie--you sure have been busy!!! Hope things settle down for you soon.

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#17 DebbieHodge

DebbieHodge

Get It Scrapped! teacher

• ADMINISTRATORS
  • 6,804 posts
  • Interests:writing, scrapbooking, family & friends

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:16 PM

Glad you're back. Hugs and love to your family (and YOU!)

#18 LynnG

LynnG

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:33 PM

Always happy to see you around Katie. Hope things settle down and things are going OK on the homeschool front. Keep up that yoga. It's been a bit of a lifesaver for us :-)

xx

#19 KatieScott

KatieScott

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 923 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:35 AM

Hey Scrapbookers:   

OK so I thought scrapbooking was coming back into my life for the past couple weeks - but so far it hasn't - gaah!  Maybe over this Memorial Day weekend.

So I know nothing on the internet is private, but I feel like these boards are sort of private - here's a "please help me" message I just sent to my animal rescuer friend - just to give you guys a tiny peek at my recently chaotic life:

"Hey Tracy: So I have this guilt ridden dilemma - The SHORT story is we need to find a home for a 8 month old tabby cat. The LONG story is: My daughter has been battling depression and an eating disorder over this past year (we finally got my son to a better place with his depression and then her problems arose - it's been a rollercoaster couple of years.) Anyway, in October, in an effort to cheer Allison up, I gave in to her desperate plea for a kitten. She was keeping the kitten in her room until it pooped on her bed (long story - we were trying to do the Meet the Fockers toilet training and it was going well until that happened) - anyway, she then refused to have the cat in her room so the cat is now in my room. The reason the cat is confined to a room is because Jessie The Flatcoat wants to eat the cat really bad! Jessie lives to hunt and we've seen her kill rats and possums - it is crazy violent. Jessie is a sweet dog but she loves to kill small animals (and sit on counters). We thought that if we kept introducing Jessie and the cat to each other that eventually Jessie would accept the cat; no such luck - Jessie will sit down like she's waiting for a tasty treat when we show her the cat. I just know if they were not restrained from each other Jessie would kill the cat in less than a minute. We're now at the point where we feel like it isn't fair to the cat to just be in one room and she doesn't get enough social interaction. So we are trying to figure out what to do with her. We don't want to bring her to a shelter where she could possibly be killed. What should we do? Do you know of a no kill place that takes cats? Thanks for your help! smile emoticon Katie"

So, the reason I'm sharing here is that I've gotten several emails from scrapbookers wondering why I haven't done scrapbooking videos lately and because after I wrote that message I thought "Wow - that message would be some really honest scrapbook journaling, I should make a page."

:) Kate

P.S. Lynn - I so need to get back to hot / Bikram yoga.  It clears my mind and body - both of which are full of bleck lately. 

And one more P.S. Allison has decided to go back to regular school in the fall - which is good news all around.  Mac will still be homeschooling but we're going to transition him into Florida Virtual School.   Yay.

#20 mshanhun

mshanhun

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:57 AM

Oh Katie I'm sorry to hear this. Sending good vibes your way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melissa Shanhun
Digital Scrapbooking HQ

calvinball%2Blogo%2Bmichelle%2B200px%2Bwcalvinball2.gifpost-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users