Photo

Calvinball 2017 ~ Let's Get this Party Started!!

calvinball calvinball 2017

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:08 AM

I'm one of the old ones---been here since it started. I will be traveling most of the month--not sure how much scrapping I'll get in but will be able to talk smack and take lots of photos.

• okmama, kscraps1, LisaDV and 2 others like this

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#22 MsLiz

MsLiz

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:05 AM

It's my first time....so I'm a newbie around here.  

I'm a newbie here too, and also from Connecticut. I'm in the New Haven area. Nice to "meet" a scrappy neighbor! 

I'm really looking forward to scrapping this month. Big thanks Grammadee and maribeth from 2PeasRefugees for getting us excited about playing!

• kscraps1, LisaDV, craftymeggy and 1 other like this

calvinball2.gif

#23 LisaDV

LisaDV

letting the kids jump on the sofa

• REGISTERED
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:23 AM

This is my second year playing Calvinball. Last year I was in FIRST PLACE with 630 points and 71 layouts! Woo-Hoo! BRAGGING RIGHTS! LOL

I have had a downswing in my health with my chronic back pain, and have been struggling to be at my computer as much. I almost finished the Month of Challenges at The Lilypad in January with 25 layouts, but haven't scrapped much in February.

It would be nice to make at least 71 layouts again, but we'll see what happens! I have to take it one day at a time.

Wishing everyone outstanding productivity this year! Let's fill up our memory books!!!!

You definitely have bragging rights!!  YAY! For last year's #1.  I love your layouts.

Sorry you're not doing well. Hope you will be able to play and heal at the same time.

• mshanhun, craftymeggy, gonewiththewind and 1 other like this

calvinball.gif

#24 craftymeggy

craftymeggy

• REGISTERED
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, reading, sewing, crafting

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:25 AM

So excited to see some new faces!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • kscraps1, LisaDV, craftymeggy and 2 others like this

#25 LisaDV

LisaDV

• REGISTERED
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:29 AM

This is only my second year of participating. 

• kscraps1, craftymeggy and Jill momma2ski like this

calvinball.gif

#26 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:52 PM

It's gonna be sooooo good!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • LisaDV, craftymeggy and Jill momma2ski like this

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#27 Skippydoo

Skippydoo

in the front hall checking out the furniture

• REGISTERED
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Disney Parks, Sci Fi, scrapbooking, art journaling, travelers notebooks,

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:34 PM

This is my first year.  I heard about it last year from Nicole Jones 911 from YouTube.  I'm very excited.  On the Scrap Gals Facebook group we did a Finish It February and I'm hoping Calvinball will keep me motivated and productive to scrap so much stuff I'm behind on.

• LisaDV, jumpgate, craftymeggy and 2 others like this

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#28 CABoyle

CABoyle

staying for just one cup

• REGISTERED
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:45 PM

Second year, here.  I can't remember how many layouts I completed last year, but I do remember that it was way more than I do normally.  This is a really fun, supportive way to get some layouts done.  Thanks for hosting again this year!

#29 carolynhasacat

carolynhasacat

• REGISTERED
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:11 AM

1st timer looking forward to the challenge! This looks so fun, ladies, can't wait to get started!

• kscraps1, craftymeggy and Jill momma2ski like this

calvinball.gif

#30 jumpgate

jumpgate

• REGISTERED
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Disneyphile, Sci Fi Fanatic, History buff (and teacher), Book lover

Mama of 3 sons.

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

Woooohoooo!!! Gotta pack my bag for co-op today!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Merrick

calvinball.gif

#31 mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle

staying on the doorstep

• REGISTERED
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:scrapping, reading, Silhouette crafting, cross-stitch, crochet, and coloring.

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

I have peeked in every now and then, but never posted anything. I got more interested in GIS after listening to the Digi Scrap Geek podcast and figured out what Calvinball is from there. I had totally forgotten about it until yesterday when Debbie posted about it in the Facebook group. So here we go! lol! I hope to remember to post and keep track of all my points. I started a Word doc in hopes of keep it all straight! Hoping to get lots done!

calvinball2.gif

#32 gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind

knows where the cookies are

• REGISTERED
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Memory Keeper.Reader of Books.Homemaker.Zentangle Artist.Amateur Photographer.Follower of Christ.

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

I have peeked in every now and then, but never posted anything. I got more interested in GIS after listening to the Digi Scrap Geek podcast and figured out what Calvinball is from there. I had totally forgotten about it until yesterday when Debbie posted about it in the Facebook group. So here we go! lol! I hope to remember to post and keep track of all my points. I started a Word doc in hopes of keep it all straight! Hoping to get lots done!

Hey! Good to see you here, Jen! 

• mnjenlittle and craftymeggy like this

Cheryl Ashcraft

Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

calvinball.gif post-11329-0-82386500-1488979584_thumb.j

#33 Carmen McMaster

Carmen McMaster

• REGISTERED
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:17 AM

Ok so I know I am starting a week late but how is it possible that there are already 99 rules in the random rules section? The last time I scrapbooked was before Christmas at a Charity scrapbook event that I co-organize and I don't even know where to start. Today is the first TOTAL snow day (in my memory) for my entire school division and a few other school divisions in my province so I plan to use it well. but first I have to do all the little Calvinball extras... I feel like I am already procrastinating. 

• craftymeggy and CABoyle like this

calvinball.gif

#34 craftymeggy

craftymeggy

• REGISTERED
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, reading, sewing, crafting

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:40 PM

Ok so I know I am starting a week late but how is it possible that there are already 99 rules in the random rules section? The last time I scrapbooked was before Christmas at a Charity scrapbook event that I co-organize and I don't even know where to start. Today is the first TOTAL snow day (in my memory) for my entire school division and a few other school divisions in my province so I plan to use it well. but first I have to do all the little Calvinball extras... I feel like I am already procrastinating. 

Now there's over 115!!!! just scrap is my advice. Maybe pick one easy rule and start with that. Next time pick a few more. You can stack as many of the bonus rules as you want on a layou!! Mainly, just have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • LisaDV and CABoyle like this

#35 MelPea

MelPea

• REGISTERED
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

Well, I spent the entire weekend trying to make sense of my scrap space instead of actually scrapping.    The good news is that my 12x12 paper is totally organized.  The bad news is that my work surface is still half covered with stuff I need to deal with! 

I hope to fix that problem tomorrow so that I can spend Tues., which I assume will be a snow day, scrapping.   I just pray we keep the power!

• LisaDV, craftymeggy and CABoyle like this

calvinball.gif

#36 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:37 AM

you just might get more accomplished now that you have your paper organized.

• MelPea likes this

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#37 snapsandsnippets

snapsandsnippets

repeating stories

• REGISTERED
  • 735 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, cardmaking, reading, decorating

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:50 AM

I bet having revisited all your paper will end up saving you time in the long run.  I found yesterday that having read through the rules quickly before I started gave me an idea for a little finishing touch on my layout.  I didn't have to force anything to work, the idea just naturally fit. (And every point counts, right!)

Susanne

Snaps & Snippets, my blog (on hiatus for who knows how long)

Snaps & Snippets on Facebook

Counterfeit Kit Challenge, design team member

photo-thumb-11329.png?_r=1488809346

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: calvinball, calvinball 2017

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users