Photo

Recovering and Travel Plans

2 replies to this topic

#1 Ladydoc

Ladydoc

doesn

• REGISTERED
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, podcasting, art, photography, travel, knitting, reading, design, sustainability, anthropology

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

Now 2 weeks post my latest, and I hope the last in a while, surgeries. Not much pain but very tired. Off to Chicago on Monday for the annual Podcast Movement convention. Anyone in Chicago? I have July 5  free for the most part though I think I'll find a salon for a wash and blow-dry. I'll try to take it slow while in Chicago. My doctor has likely lost his voice after yelling at me to stop overdoing - yes, that is a bit of hyperbole! Still, I do try to do a lot and I just crash in the evenings. I'm attending a Medical Women International Association meeting in Vienna, Austria soon with a Viking river cruise to follow. Lots of fun ahead and school starts right after I return home. Yeah, the doctor is likely not pleased but I will try to pace myself. I'm learning to cook too. As if I do not have enough going on! I subscribed to SunBasket.com and am loving the meals. The directions are easy and I've not ruined anything yet. Yes, it is a bit expensive but so very convenient and nutritious. My husband is less adventurous than my son and I; but, aside from a few veggies like mustard greens, that he pushes aside, he is eating most everything. I'll try and pop in on the message boards now and then but I will be missing in action for much of the summer here on GIS. I hope to have lots of stories to scrap when the summer is over. I'll be checking in as I can to see what everyone is up to on the site.

• mfortunato likes this

post-11329-0-90384100-1457018789_thumb_zcalvinball_zpsqay1lvvv.gifclickheresmall_zpsu4msbetn.jpg

#2 Terry

Terry

mom, wife, golfer, business woman & digi scrapper!

• REGISTERED
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:27 PM

Karen--you are one busy lady and always on the go. I'm hoping I'll be as active and on the go as you when I retire. Have fun on your journeys. Can't wait to see the LO's.

Terry

gallery_11329_466_10002.jpg

#3 Missus Wookie

Missus Wookie

telling stories

• REGISTERED
  • 200 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, stories, gardening, walking, laughing with friends.

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:34 PM

Karen - I hope you have a great time this summer. The Viking river cruise sounds lovely!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users